Free websites?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuntersMumma

Reaction score
Hey geeklins!

I'm looking at making a website. Something I've never done before. I don't understand all this domain business lol. Is a domain just buying the website address? Or am I completely wrong?

Also If that's the case, is it a nod off payment?
And which website is best to use?

I need done guidance please! :)
Thanks x

I've just set mine up using web.com It used to be called freewebs.com

It's pretty easy to set up and I managed it no bother. It's best to buy the domain name from the website as it's quicker and easier to get the domain name showing on your site, well that's what I've found anyway!

best of luck.

I set mine up through wix.com
Fairly straight forward, used a template and made lots of adjustments which is quite fun when you get the hang of it!
I paid something around £10 for my domain name and pay a few pound a month to connect the name to my website.
www.sfmobilehairandnails.com

Mines free too, from webs.com. I like I can alter it myself, I didnt buy my domain I used a free one :( its on my to do list!

It has my pricelist, about me, contact details, & photo albums of my work. It looks neat & tidy. It is linked to my adverts, it gets views & clients so Im happy with it for now. In fact once ive bought my domain il keep my site as it is!

Xx

Great stuff :) I've just started using the wix.com one to. Having loadsa fun with it :) love doing things like that!

Got to upload all the pics. Quite a bit left to do then ill buy the domain. So much easier than I thought :) is the website slow or is it my laptop? That's the only annoying thing

Thanks for replying x

Great stuff :) I've just started using the wix.com one to. Having loadsa fun with it :) love doing things like that!

Got to upload all the pics. Quite a bit left to do then ill buy the domain. So much easier than I thought :) is the website slow or is it my laptop? That's the only annoying thing

Thanks for replying x

That's the only thing is how sloooow it is! Other then that it's good.
A little tip someone gave me on here was to make sure your homepage includes lots of keywords that would be used in a google search.
I took away my 'about me' page and just put it all in the homepage.
X

Ah great tip! Thanks a lot :) x

Weebly is good too I find it so easy to use and the optimisation is great. They convert is to mobile too if someone viewing on a phone :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Weebly is good too I find it so easy to use and the optimisation is great. They convert is to mobile too if someone viewing on a phone :)

Hi I have recently built a website with weekly it's www.kljhairextensions.co.uk when I look at the stats I'm getting about 3o veiws a day I tryed to link it to google anaylistics but its showing that no1 has viewed it on there wondering if any can help

I find statcounter great it gives you a little block of code to drop on each page to see lots of detail about who visited from where , entry and exit links and what terms they used to search. To get more views have you filled in the meta tags bit and keywords boxes?

I find statcounter great it gives you a little block of code to drop on each page to see lots of detail about who visited from where , entry and exit links and what terms they used to search. To get more views have you filled in the meta tags bit and keywords boxes?

I think I did I would need to double check tho thanks al try statcounters

Latest posts

Back