Freelance from an empty room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhair

Reaction score
Hey.... I've found a place that'd so do cheap and full independence unlike my old place. I'm not keen on the outside or name as it's obviously owned by not hair people aha. Another hairdresser works there in separate room.
I've had other rent a chair opportunities but higher rent and working with a team.
Had anyone ever just gone it alone and really branded them selves as an individual.
I'll be starting from nothing in the bank after my deposit but had another paycheck coming in as I get paid behind in the place I'm leaving.
I intend to get a £20-£25 booking fee off all clients that are booking in before I start and get a big order in.
Please tell me this isn't too wild aha

It’s risky starting with no financial savings. Marketing and branding costs money.

As someone just starting out solo you may struggle to get that high of a deposit off people too. Plus if they give you notice of cancellation you have to refund them so need to keep that in mind.

It’s risky starting with no financial savings. Marketing and branding costs money.

As someone just starting out solo you may struggle to get that high of a deposit off people too. Plus if they give you notice of cancellation you have to refund them so need to keep that in mind.
Thankfully I have a friend who does marketing for pretty little things and has offered to help start up for free as she actually enjoys it in her spare time. I'll only need rebranding though I gave a instagram already established within my city to do with my work. Its just a case of money for colours, shampoo ect.
I was thinking instead of deposit do a booking fee,no refund just move appointment the first month n only doing regulars till I get a proper stock load.

Latest posts

Back