Freesat-anybody have it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewie16

Reaction score
Has anybody got Freesat at the moment? Is it better than sky? I'm fed up of the bad service and costing me £60 a month with Sky and repeated programs over and over! Or any other suggestions with a company would be great 😊

I'm with sky and yeah you get repeats but you get that with everything. Freesat as far as I'm aware is just a slightly bigger package of freeview. We have a now tv box and find that to be better/cheaper. We've even considered dropping our tv package with sky as we even get movies with now tv. I have netflix's as well but now tv has more and new releases as well. Like wolf of Wall Street is currently on there. So it's worth it and definitely cheaper :) x

We have Now TV too, it's brilliant. They have the top ten Sky channels plus kids programmes, we have Sky Movies, YouTube app and the TV catch up channels. You get box sets too. You don't have to have the movies- without it its around 7£ per month, no contract you just need WiFi. We've had broadband installed today, but previously we used our mobiles internet using our phones as a WiFi hotspot.

Of course you don't get pause, record and rewind live TV and you'd need freeview box/TV but it does the job. We're just about to add BT TV and that's a fiver a month so that does have freeview, pause, record and rewind function and we can download the Now TV app on to it too.

Now TV boxes are only a tenner and they dispatch quickly. We have three in our house.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Tbh I've heard bad reviews about now tv people saying its crap. But I will look into it. X

We were gonna get Virgin before sky but haven't got that cable thingy in my area.

Tbh I've heard bad reviews about now tv people saying its crap. But I will look into it. X

I think it depends what you want from jt to be honest. Not everyone is a big movies fan. I used to have talk talk and bt and both their tv services sucked compared to sky. Found the bt tv killed my internet and talk talks tv just wasn't as good. Virgin media packages are just as dear as sky (if not dearer) so that doesn't help. All I do when I know my contract with them is up, I phone and say I'm leaving, it's to expensive blah blah and they throw discounts at me. So check when your contract with them is up ;)

I think it depends what you want from jt to be honest. Not everyone is a big movies fan. I used to have talk talk and bt and both their tv services sucked compared to sky. Found the bt tv killed my internet and talk talks tv just wasn't as good. Virgin media packages are just as dear as sky (if not dearer) so that doesn't help. All I do when I know my contract with them is up, I phone and say I'm leaving, it's to expensive blah blah and they throw discounts at me. So check when your contract with them is up ;)

Cheers duck I will have a look now x

I've been with sky since 2000 but my mum is a dog sitter so staying round others, means she is well used to just about all of them! I can honestly say I have never for a second been tempted to swap from Sky. Virgin I found was rubbish and had small amount of choice and bad service (very leggy and crashes). Freesat once again not the choice.
It is a big bill when you add it up but I find that sky (without movies or sports) and a Netflix account are the best balance. You can have on demand with sky and that opens up more (but be careful of your wifi as my other devices were kicked off).

I have freesat. I got fed up of the games sky played and the money I was spending. What I loved was the pause, record, rewind of live tv and the ease with which you could record a series, so bought a humax box which links up with the sky aerials - we had 2 - they plugged in easy as pie. You can actually use your sky box, but it was really annoying as you couldn't see what programmes were free etc.

I decided that rather than pay for sky, I would try and get in the habit of recording films I actually wanted to watch which has worked really well. I don't miss sky at all, and would get really fed up when I would sit in front of the tv and find there was never anything I wanted to watch.

Internet here is SO poor that downloading films etc is just not an option.

Vic x

I have freesat. I got fed up of the games sky played and the money I was spending. What I loved was the pause, record, rewind of live tv and the ease with which you could record a series, so bought a humax box which links up with the sky aerials - we had 2 - they plugged in easy as pie. You can actually use your sky box, but it was really annoying as you couldn't see what programmes were free etc.

I decided that rather than pay for sky, I would try and get in the habit of recording films I actually wanted to watch which has worked really well. I don't miss sky at all, and would get really fed up when I would sit in front of the tv and find there was never anything I wanted to watch.

Internet here is SO poor that downloading films etc is just not an option.

Vic x

Sky are getting way too greedy most of my customers have been complaining about the movie packages and its fees on top which make it £££. I'm gonna have to change when my contract is up x

Latest posts

Back