Freewebs going live

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi
Please,please ,please can any one help me with my freeweb website i cant seem to find the option to make it go live,it is not giving me no option to publish it,getting very frustrated,ive already paid bout £8, to get rid of headings,now it seems i have to pay for a domain name ,n i aint paying for dis if i cant get it to go live,or is this the reason why its not working,can any of you guys help me ,have you had this prob with...freewebs?:irked:

I Debbie, its me and you again!!!!

I haven't paid anything at all. So is their a cost involved?

Hi again,
This is doing my head in...ive paid bout £8 to get rid of the headers,now ive paid bout £6 , as theres summink about a domain name involved,im wondering if this is the reason why i cant get to publish it,ive gotta wait 24 hrs for it,so see how we go from there ah,im notpaying anymore for it..so much for being freewebs,im not getting any other replies for help either..i ll let u know as soon as it comes through if i get any joy with publishing after..(scream out load):irked:

Firstly I have a freewebs website, and have been there. It's not easy but once it is sorted it is great. It took me around 2 weeks to get sorted.

It is free until you decide not to have the ads running across your site (which looks unprofessional I think so well worth getting rid of them lol) and you pay a low premium each month I think.

Have you been on the help page, if you doa good search you will see there is a "live help" section that a person will help you in answering your query.

It may take time to go to premium, as they may have to do something at their end to make it work properly.

The other thing is have you registered a domain name, if you are doing it takes a few days to transfer names across.

Hope this helps.

Firstly I have a freewebs website, and have been there. It's not easy but once it is sorted it is great. It took me around 2 weeks to get sorted.

It is free until you decide not to have the ads running across your site (which looks unprofessional I think so well worth getting rid of them lol) and you pay a low premium each month I think.

Have you been on the help page, if you doa good search you will see there is a "live help" section that a person will help you in answering your query.

It may take time to go to premium, as they may have to do something at their end to make it work properly.

The other thing is have you registered a domain name, if you are doing it takes a few days to transfer names across.

Hope this helps.
Yes i have just registered for a domain name so im hoping this will help soonxxx

You need to get the company you bought it off to point it (or something) to the freewebs domain bit, that does take a while but it doesn't happen automatically so it's up to the individual to get it transfered

Ok ,this just gets worst,ive purchased a domain name from 123-reg.co.uk,now i go back on to freewebs to see how i transfer it later and its saying if i purchase it from else where it takes 60DAYS:irked:if i dont want it to take this long i can sign up for a DNS Service..and purchase an Enhanced Premiumpack:rolleyes::!::!:

am I being really thick here? I haven't paid anything as I'm not bothered about the adverts above my banner as its not my primary website.

So, do I have to pay anything to go live?

I still haven't gone live as I havent got a publish option - so, do I have to pay to go live?

am I being really thick here? I haven't paid anything as I'm not bothered about the adverts above my banner as its not my primary website.

So, do I have to pay anything to go live?

I still haven't gone live as I havent got a publish option - so, do I have to pay to go live?

Nope - you don't have to pay anything with them to go live.

My site is a freewebs site and I have chosen not to pay anything.

But please don't ask me how I got it live because my very clever hubby did it for me!:)

It doesnt have to take 60 days if you just release your name servers this CAN get very complicated if you dont know what your doing but I can help if you need. Please fel free to PM me. I have designed 4 websites now :wink2:

Ami

Hi,
I originally purchased a domain from 123-reg,that was quoting me 60 days,ive read through some old posts on freewebs,and it was advised on there to buy only from freewebs..so ive now done that and ive just gotta wait 24hrs:confused:I just cant get rid of the freeweb titles,have done a premium upgrade,folded the help info.ie:deleting cookies,history etc in tools,but still no joy,and im just hoping once ive got this domain name ,it will give me the option to go live.:rolleyes:

RESULT!!Have got rid of the freeweb adds,so now just waitln for domain name to transfer over...will keep you informed!!:confused::)

Latest posts

Back