Freewebs!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmogeek

Reaction score
:irked:Why is it on Freewebs you go to edit a page and it looks fine on the screen then when you hit done to save it it comes up with completely different spacing on your site! AARGGGGhhhh I think Im going to scream! And their online so called support has been offline for weeks now!

Sorry rant over so frustrating! Still now where near finished my site and at this rate i probably wont ever!

And my brain is so fried i cant even spell 'no' now! lol

I don´t know, it drives me mad too! I did a big update of our site today and it drives me mad that you can´t justify the prices with a decimal tab looks so darned crap with them misaligned! Still it´s free I guess! But it is very limited on what you can do.

Here´s mine Divas Nail & Beauty Salon | Javea´s nail & skincare experts if you´d like to take a gander!

Yes I have the same problem with all of my sites. What drives me bonkers is when someone points it out like its a simple mistake. Well it would be if If it was as simple as deleting the space!!!

Solution - give up try laying it out differently :lol:

Have you tried copying it all to word deleting the paragraph redoing the paragraph and pasting from word? Sometimes works :irked:

Amy :hug:

Or ask Ruth mills if she can help, she's our latest computer geek and foolishly offered her help:twisted:

Ha ha lol, thanks for the recommendation :)

Not sure how Freewebs does its stuff, as I have never used it.

But I might be able to work out what's going on given half a chance...

Ruth

yea, I have same prob with my freewebs website too. it drives me nuts!:rolleyes:

im just having probs full stop - been changing the layout and adding pics etc, upload it all and bammmm, dont work, no pics to see, and yes they are all in the right folders, when you type in the addy, it brings up my old layout, then when you go to another page, the new layout is showing, then go back to the home page, and its on the new layout, but still no pics, its doing my head right in.

:irked:Why is it on Freewebs you go to edit a page and it looks fine on the screen then when you hit done to save it it comes up with completely different spacing on your site! AARGGGGhhhh I think Im going to scream! And their online so called support has been offline for weeks now!

Sorry rant over so frustrating! Still now where near finished my site and at this rate i probably wont ever!

I know how you feel. My website isn't with Freewebs but I have exactly the same problem - it's soooo frustrating. I'm actually toying with the idea of changing my website designer/hosting package.

The other annoying thing about Freewebs is that it takes forever to load a site hosted with them. I've had a nose at quite a few geeks sites and all the ones done through Fw take so long to come up that I've nearly given them a miss. A point worth thinking about if you're deciding to go with Fw. They may be free but if clients aren't waiting for your site to load, it's false economy.

Cogsi i have just tried to look at your website but it just keeps showing the page where it says Internet explorer can not find this page or something along those lines,
just thought i would let you know hun :hug:

Cogsi i have just tried to look at your website but it just keeps showing the page where it says Internet explorer can not find this page or something along those lines,
just thought i would let you know hun :hug:

Thanks for that loubylou. I've just had a look & my home page came up no problem :confused:

Thanks for that loubylou. I've just had a look & my home page came up no problem :confused:

Your site loads fine for me here in Shrewsbury too.

Ruth

I have a site with freewebs and it's absolutely great! :)

I wish I could be a bit more constructive and tell you what it is I'm doing differently, but I'm afraid I have no idea. I'm not in the least bit technically minded at all. I had nothing but problems with 123-reg I couldn't work it all all and just gave up.

The only problem I had with freewebs is that anything I've pasted seems to be all in bold and I just can't get it off, but it actually looks ok! I've got quite a few clients from it and they all say how impressed they are.... and it's completely free! I can't grumble!

Take a look it's Mobile Tanning and Beauty | Professional Spray Tanning and Beauty Treatments in Chichester and the Surrounding Areas

Hope you guys get your probelms sorted... it really is a great free facility. I just wish I could be of more help! xxx :hug:

If you use an online website builder, you are going to be severely limited as to what you can do with your site, ie re placement of objects and coding, thats a fact that you'll have to accept. This can also be true of paid sites using online site builders, again, just be aware of it. Thats why there are companies out there being paid to build websites, it means their customers dont have to worry about this stuff, it makes sense, yeah? LOL Course it does.

All is not lost though, here are a couple of things to keep in mind. Most site templates are a set width, if you place a pic thats too wide on the page, then the whole page is thrown out of kilter. For instance, if you take a look at Hazel's site (http://www.purelynailz.co.uk/), she's using a fairly typical two column layout with a set width. Think of the actual width of the page as the same width as the top header pic. Anything outside of that width is actually outside the page. If you try and put a pic thats too wide in that right column, you'll just push everything out of place, it simply will not fit. If you're unsure as to whether you have done this, delete any wide pics from the column, save the page and see what it looks like. If the page looks normal again, you need to resize your pic before inserting it again.

HTH

OK sounds like its not just me having problems then. I dont completely think its naff cause I quite liked it to begin with but now Ive started adding bits and its not working its just frustrating! I upgraded it to the advanced premium which costs me about £10 a month in the knowledge that this would include free email - nope! Apparantly I have to pay the annual fee up front to receive this so Im having to go cancel everything my domain etc and redo so I can have the email facility that I am paying for.

Oh well I suppose I'll have to keep trying and it doesnt help that Im not at all clued up on this so its all a learning curve I suppose!

Just a quick question though if anyone knows, I want to sell things on my site and I have figured out how to add the widgets but when I click on 'buy now' it pops up with the paypal site but shows MY paypal login. Should this not be blank for the customer to fill in theirs?

And who says technology is easy! ha ha

p.s this is my site if anyone wants a gander and please feel free to comment I can take it! :) :)

Sorry Monday morning forgot to put the site on oh I need a Vodka!

Nail Sensations | Go on, treat yourself!...

Oh and I did own nailsensations.co.uk and put it on all my business cards but when I upgraded my package on freewebs I wasnt allowed to use a .co.uk so I had to use .com which I think was free with the upgraded package for 2 years which is quite good.

Sorry Monday morning forgot to put the site on oh I need a Vodka!

Nail Sensations | Go on, treat yourself!...

Oh and I did own nailsensations.co.uk and put it on all my business cards but when I upgraded my package on freewebs I wasnt allowed to use a .co.uk so I had to use .com which I think was free with the upgraded package for 2 years which is quite good.

Looks good hun, mind I got freaked out by the rain, I thought I had bugs running down my screen ... I know my eyes are bad but I didn´t think they were that bad!!!

Actually I am a really happy bunny as I got a really big booking today from someone through my website. They said how well it did in the search engines and her hubby is a website designer and was very impressed that I had made it myself!

Have just taken a quick peek, and it seems a lovely looking site. Someone else has got nailsensations.co.uk registered now by the look of it though, which is a pain with it being on your business cards.

Ruth

Latest posts

Back