French Application?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
How do you do yours?

Which application method do you think is the best...for time, for ease, for durability...and of course...monetary!

How do you do yours?

Which application method do you think is the best...for time, for ease, for durability...and of course...monetary!

Are we talking french acrylic or french manicure?

Hi well anything really..im not really up on all the different methods just yet...trying to find out! lol and wondering...do i need to invest in an airgun?

If you type French into the search bar at the top, hundreds and hundreds of threads will come up re french, P&W L&P and several of the other topics you have covered in other threads.

HTH

Rachel

Personaly i wouldnt invest in an airbrush gun untill you have completed any for of nail treatment be it acrylic, gel, manicure etc.
Once you have done the course then look into what people offer in your area and take it from there.

I bought a airbrush system that cost me touching the £300 mark and ive only used it once so its money down the drain. Why have i only used it once?, there is no call for it where i work.

As for application in french...Acrylics i like to use P&W and very rarely use white tips now. They take me longer but to me time is not that important so long as its done properly and the end result is what the client wants.

Same with a french manicure, time is of no importance to me (although i achieve a good manicure with french within an hour)

The end result is what i look for and make sure my clients get what they want. HTH

time is money!!!!

Anna you have to be really serious.....if you are REALLy serious about doing nails as a proffession and NOT a hobby.

Time maybe money but as Sandi said perfecting your skills can only in turn MAKE you money.

Lets be serious here.:rolleyes:

If you are hoping to do wonderful Airbrushed designs then yes, buy an airbrush.

But if you are thinking about doing white tips with it for a 'french manicure' then the answer is NO.

Unless you want to have clients who's 'white tips' rub off after a week! Just like all those NSS out there that con people into PAYING extra for this service.:rolleyes:

anna i really get the feeling, that what you aspire too isnt a professional nail technician, you actually seem (from reading your posts and threads) that you are aspiring to be on a level with n.s.s salons, i find it quite bizzare, forgive me if i am wrong but.......
n.s.s , mma, e files (good pro's use them too not knocking them) and air brush french seems to be what you want to do.........all this before your actually qualified.............i cannot comprehend what it is you actually want to do........is it to knock out nails for a quick buck....at the expense of your clients or be a true professional and look after your clients..................................your confusing the hell out of me chick.
Is it a case of you visiting these salons and thinking wow what a money spinner i will do one home learn course by my self an efile and air brush and hey ho....money comes rolling in.................if it is your on the wrong site to preach this or even want to aspire to this........all of us on here are not about that, we care for our clients, our profession and our name.

hang on a minute
as she also might just be inexperienced and eager
who are we to judge?
i was exactly the same ( i think) when i first started
thought i knew it all and could cut corners, but until i actually went through this site with a fine tooth comb did i realise what an arse id been

lmao!!

patience my dears patience!!

Then you should understand my meaning by saying time is of no importance to me if the job is done correctly and myself and my client is happy.

By replying with ""but time is money"" it has given off the wrong signals.

Im by no means a slow coach, i can do a lovely set of P&W in less than 2hr (ok maybe not as fast as some on here) but thats what i aim for knowing im not cutting corners.

Ive in no way been nasty to you, ive given straight truthfull and honest answers to your questions.

If you aspire to do kick ass nails then take the time to learn, dont jump in with both feet thinking you can do it all now. YES time is money but time is also to perfect. Once you have perfected them you can earn the big bucks you are aiming to earn.

We have all been where you are today, my advice is take one day at a time, practice, practice, practice then start earning and buying all your add ons like airbrush systems, nail art, e-file (once you have had proper training).

No point painting, spraying and adding diamonties to nails that are crap!

Hope i havn't offended you by saying what i have, just giving my opinion on things.

no offence taken...i totally agree with you, i didnt mean to imply tht corners shoud be cut in order to deliver speedy nails...the finished result is the most important thing but im not sure i understand why a lot of people seem so against tools that surely do save valuable time.

Well i had been doing nails for 18 months when i though getting an e-file would save me time.

I paid for the relevant training, bought an e-file and yes you guessed it, ive used it a handfull of times.

To me it saves no time, i can use my file for infills & rebalances just as quick as i can my e-file.

Im not agains using equipment if its had the proper training to use it.

But what i am saying or rather trying to advice you on is dont automatically think by using some equipment you are going to be saving time as some actually take up time using them (airbrush especially)

Now im sure someone will correct me if im wrong as i have limited knowledge of acrylic and no knowledge of e files.
I thought that if a technicians application and products were up to scratch there is little need to use an e file.Good products only need the nail to be shine free to adhere. They also file down easily and you should be able to do most of your refining with your brush so an efile is unnecessary.
This is only my opinion.

I suppose it s down to the individual...some swear by it...others clearly dont.

Now im sure someone will correct me if im wrong as i have limited knowledge of acrylic and no knowledge of e files.
I thought that if a technicians application and products were up to scratch there is little need to use an e file.Good products only need the nail to be shine free to adhere. They also file down easily and you should be able to do most of your refining with your brush so an efile is unnecessary.
This is only my opinion.

Never ever use an e-file on the natural nail! All you need to do is remove the shine not put hundred tram lines in the nail!

Your right about been able to do refining with your brush and/or file, infact the 3 times i used it most was to take down some of ther bulk from another techs work (they was what i would have called mighty door stoppers) all my own work is done to a standard that i only need minimal amount of filing when infilling or rebalancing.

Like i said im not against any equipement been used if correct training has been gained and thats why i dont associate e-files with just NSS as they are widely used by techs like me and you.

E-files have their place and are very handy if you a e doing glitter tips or embeded nail art and your client decided she wants a change and is short on time. But in the long run if you dont train with these tools properly then you could end up with RSI from the vibration of the drill and incorrect usage but equally you could get this from filing as well so its each to their own.
The majority of people on this site dont use them as they are associated with NSS shops(Non standard salons) such as the quick nail shops that are cheaply priced and they file into your nail bed leaving damage that people then associate with all nail techs.

Back to the orginal question a good french manicure painted can be doen start to finish in 20min and last up to 3 wqeeks but it takes a lot of practise to get it right. i practised for hours and weeks in the run up to competitions as it was aprt of the criteria for judging and competing certainly added an edge to my painting that i didnt have from workign in the salon. We all want to earn money but happy clients = people who return and talk to their friends about us which means more business. Sloppy workmanship means losing clients.

HTH

A lot of the time saving techniques like air brushing and e-filling can only be mastered once the basic techniques of hand filing and hand painting french have been gained.

Latest posts

Back