French gel manicure application?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woosiewoo

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been using Jessica GELeration gels for many years but still feel like I have mastered a french manicure application. When I was trained many years ago I was taught to do one coat of pink up to the free edge and then clean the free edge with a brush, then 1 coat of white tip, then a layer of pink all over. I find the pink dulls down the white too much, particularly if I’m using a creamier colour. Can anyone recommend a way of doing french that lasts and doesn’t dull the white too much? Thanks x

After applying basecoat
Apply the pink/buff colour all over.Cap the free edge....cure
Then apply white tip Cap the free edge. Neaten any mistakes with a dry detail brush....cure
Top coat
That's what I do.

Yes, RosieR has it right here.
Once the client sees the whiteness against the pink you can then ask them if they want it to stay that white (in which case apply top coat) or if they want it softer then apply a very sheer coat of the first colour over the top.
This last couple of years I've done more pink & white ombre applications using the lecente pink and white pigments. It gets rid of that stark pink/white line so when 3 weeks later their nails have grown out it doesn't look odd with the smile line in the wrong place.

To do the ombre:
  1. Base coat + cure
  2. white colour x 2 + curing
  3. apply pink pigment near to cuticle
  4. apply 2:1 pink:white mix next
  5. apply 1:2 pink:white mix next
  6. apply white pigment to tip
  7. blend
  8. clear coat + cure
  9. Top coat + cure

I use shellac but any gel could be used for your base colour

Latest posts