French Mani help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacqui'snewnail

Reaction score
Hi
I have read a few previous threads but cannot find the answer to this.

In my salon - french is soo popular, but I am crud at it! Uselessin fact!
Anyway I am practicing lots and slowly I am getting there, but I still have to touch up the smile line with an orange stick and scrubfresh, which is fine but some people want brilliant white smiles so I have to do the pink first then two coats of white for smile, but how do I then touch up my smile line??????

Does this make sense? See if I do the pink after and brush through it clouds my whites. Should I only be painting the nail plate pink??

Any help/tips on creating a perfect french would be much appreciated, Im ok with gel or acrylics but its different with paint. (Well for me it is!) lol!

Jacqui

What about if you paint the tip white first then apply your pink base and then go over the white again. That way you already have a base for your smile line. would that help? or use a much paler/more sheer pink to go over so it doesn't dull the white as much

hth xx

Hey great vids. Does everyone else do theres like that? Is that where I am going wrong because I paint from side to side in almost 1 stroke horizontally. Is that wrong?

Jacqui - You are more than welcome to pop over to my salon and have a wee practice.

PM me if you want to arrange x:hug:

Hi
I read an article in Scratch the other day from martin John - (Cant think was edition it was of the top of my head - but ill dig it out) his advice was to apply the white tip Before the base coat so you can touch it up, then apply base coat and then your pink, his philosphy (sp) was that try and apply the white only once as you will never be apply second coat of white in exactly the same place twice.

I do my whites in one sweep from left to right and then touch up using a corrector pen if needed, im trying the other method though as IMO looks more professional to clients.
HTH vicky x

Yes someone help! I watched Carl's vids, but I still can't seem to get the french mani right. :irked: My salon wants me to go horizontally from one side to center, then the other to center, and my white application never seems to look right!! This is NO good, because 9 times out of 10, the clients of the salon want a french polish. Any hints/ tricks would be very very helpful. Oh, and my salon only uses Essie Blanc and Mademoisel (spelling?) for a bright white french.

I use a french polish by orly called point blanc it is available from grafton int. The brush is smaller than others and so makes an easier job of application.:Love:
My sequence is...
Base coat the nail plate
Orly bonder on the free edge only (helps prevent chipping on the free edge)
French White
Colour Pinkish,glitter or clear
Creative super shiny always!!!

my method is:-

Creative polishes

Cream Puff or Bisou de lulu for free edge first coat from left side to right - let dry
repeat from right side to left
I then tidy up my smile line using a brush dipped in Creative Nail Fresh
Apply Creative Sticky top Coat
Followed by Creative Negligee or clients choice of clear or maybe Northern Lights
Then top coat of Super Shiney

Latest posts

Back