French manicure help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicnails101

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a client who has beautiful long natural nails and would like a french manicure like the picture I’ve attached. I have tried to achieve this by using a sheer pink rubber base but you can still see a lot of the natural colour nail tip. I used 2 coats of the rubber base, although my client absolutely loved them she didn’t like how thick they were. Can anyone suggest a creamy sheer polish that you might have used to achieve this look? Thank you x

7FED54F7-C21A-4B88-8F4E-8CCC8003CB30.png

For my french, I like to use 2 coats of CND Nude Knickers (which is pinky peach sheer) or 2 coats of CND Beau (sheer pinky with an extremely subtle sparkle).
I'm guessing you used two coats of rubber base as that was the only sheer shade you had? x

For my french, I like to use 2 coats of CND Nude Knickers (which is pinky peach sheer) or 2 coats of CND Beau (sheer pinky with an extremely subtle sparkle).
I'm guessing you used two coats of rubber base as that was the only sheer shade you had? x

Hi. Thank you for your reply.
Yes I used 2 coats of the rubber base to try and achieve that creamy look and although it worked it was just too thick for my client. I do have another polish that I use for french but it’s too sheer for this look. I will definetly have a look at the polishes you have suggested.
Thank you x

2 coats of opi bubble bath (creamy pink) is my go to or naturally beautiful by ibd for a more nude base. These are both great for french and are lovely sheer shades that can be built up to achieve different coverages to fit clients preferences x

I like cnd cream puff for the tip and cnd negligee for the base. Some of my clients who like a natural look just have cnd negligee with no white tip. It has a very slight sheer to it, but very subdued.

Latest posts

Back