French Manicure - natural nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi all

I've been practising french manicure on myself, which is quite difficult when doing the right hand! I am not the most patient person when doing my own nails either, but I have to say they are not bad, I get lots of good comments.

I've got a bridesmaid to do soon, french manicure on her natural nails. I want to make sure they are perfect and that as soon as she leaves the salon she doesn't end up with marks on the white tip from things banging or poking into her nails! They need to have rock hard protection!

When I do mine they certainly don't last a week, but then I do have horses, kids etc.

Usually I put a base coat on then white tips, usually two layers not thick though, then pink 2 layers although I think 1 looks better, then a top coat. This time I tried putting the white tip on first, base coat, pink, then top coat an experiment to see if they last longer!

What products/techniques can I used to make sure she is really satisfied with them and they last a fair while. Should I use a quick drying spray or do they make things worse by making them dentable?

Regards
Deb379

the best quick dryer i've used recently was called Poshe. it dried hard really fast and it was so shiny and lasted ages (according to my satisfied clients!).

hope this helps.

I have to say i use a base coat first, then apply the pink 1 maybe 2 coats depending on the look of the clients natural nails, then i do the white tip 1 coat, then apply clear top coat.

Hey Carole where did you get the top coat you were talking about please?

I get that from the local wholesaler. Not sure if it can be bought on the net. Do u have a cash & carry near u?

There was another French Manicure post recently - try the search facility at the top chick.

Anyhoo, here's a run-down of the response I gave to that post re French manicure on natural nails:

1) Make sure have wiped nails over with N.V.R. really REALLY well

2) Application of "Chip Skip" from OPI - fantastic stuff, increases time of wear by DAYS and keeps clients coming back! :cool:

2) One coat OPI Natural Nail Base Coat

3) One coat of white tip polish, applied across-ways (quickly and confidently)

4) Wait a teeny bit of time longer than usual before applying pink coat (this is where I lose my patience most frequently and smudge it :o !)

5) One coat of pink polish (I use OPI's Hopelessly in Love)

6) One coat of a blinkin good top coat (OPI top coat is great, or Orly "Sunscreen For Nails" top coat for those going on holiday)

Just for reference tho, I hardly do any French Manicures these days - all my French Manicure clients LOVE American Manicure as it's much more natural-looking and (biggest plus-point EVER...) it's so easy to apply I can even apply it in my sleep (should know, have done it on many a hungover Saturday and Sunday morning!). :lol:

HTHs

G. xx

Excuse my ignorance, but what is American Manicure? I have seen it mentioned a few times. Thanks!

NailNovice2 said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what is American Manicure? I have seen it mentioned a few times. Thanks!
American Manicure is a natural-look nail polish system. It's available from my supplier, SuperNail Ltd.

It's two bottles and comes in various different types to suit different skin tones, but I find that "Plum and Bright White" American Manicure (SuperNail code "AM1LW", I think) is the colour combination that suits most skin tones. You apply the white as a base coat over the whole nail plate, the plum across-ways over the "pink bit" of the nail plate, and then the white again across the free edge. It's so beautiful.

It can also then be finished with a choice of four highlighting top coats - all of which are really popular. They are Bridal Veil ("AMBV"), Gold Dust ("AMGD"), Moon Glow ("AMMG") and Pink Opal ("AMPO").

If you need more details of how to order, I can pop my supplier's number etc on here for you.

HTHs,

G. xx

Thanks for the info, I did do a search on manicure before I posted.

I thought an American french manicure was where the white was applied underneath the nail tip.

Regards
Deb

has anybody got a pic of one?

Deb379 said:
Thanks for the info, I did do a search on manicure before I posted.

I thought an American french manicure was where the white was applied underneath the nail tip.

Regards
Deb
It's an AMERICAN MANICURE hon, not an American French Manicure. And it's as I described in my last post.

Carole, to see pics, try viewing www.americanmanicure.com

HTHs,

G. xx

Hi Up to Scratch!

Could you please post your supplier's details as I would be interested in trying thier american manicure product.

Many thanks

Jane

Jane, the website for Supernails is http://www.supernail.co.uk
You will need to register then they will send you a username and password so
you can shop online with them.

Hope this helps.

Carole

Thanks a lot - Im off to see the site now.
Jane

Jane

I find it's much better to deal with SuperNail by phone. Have PM'd you details.

G. xx

just a thought have you tried a UV top coat. The one that does not need a UV lamp to cure. You can get air shield or perma gloss from NSI

Hi Carole, i have a nail wholesaler near me called Ultimate Beauty, or i have a Sally's quite near me, would they do it?

Hi Wendy

i'd be amazed if they didnt. give em a call and ask but we can always sort something out for you if not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back