French Manicure on toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Me again, im doing my first french manicure look on toes tomorrow night and just wondered if anyone had any suggestions or how they do theirs as toes are sometimes not the biggest, is it ok to use the mtw and then apply a top coat and how to get a good crisp line on little toes? x thanks

You shouldnt need to use the MTW unless you are doing enhancements hunny. Just use a white nail enamel the same as you would to do the fingernails.

I read on here a little while ago about using a nail art brush for the whites - this may be helpful on toes as they are tiny like you say? HTH. xxx

Hey Kells let us know how they go, maybe take a piccie of them. Not attempted to do toes yet.

I've got to do 2 sets of french manicure tootsies on the 30th so do let me know whether using a nail art brush is the answer coz it does make sense. What i worry about is that some people have virtually no baby toe so what on earth do you do? I mean you can hardly say to them that they cant have that one done can you, lol!!

Carole Lindsay said:
I've got to do 2 sets of french manicure tootsies on the 30th so do let me know whether using a nail art brush is the answer coz it does make sense. What i worry about is that some people have virtually no baby toe so what on earth do you do? I mean you can hardly say to them that they cant have that one done can you, lol!!
I know im absolutely dreading it tonight! but i will let you know x

Kellyc said:
I know im absolutely dreading it tonight! but i will let you know x

Don't dread this you will be fine hey and remember you can tidy up any mistakes (I do) so dont worry about it..you will do fine...

Hi there,

I often do French polish on toes.

For the little toes I use a marbling tool to apply the white polish. If the toes nails are very short I ignore the natural smile line (mainly because there often isn't a smile line to work with). You'll be surprised how fine you can get the white line with a marbling tool and can often even get that last little pinky!

If there really is no nail on the pinky I don't worry about it. As long as the toes are nice and moisturised and free of hard skin it shouldn't be too noticable and will probably be hidden once in a strappy sandal anyway.

Hope it helps.

Best wishes,

Karen

Karen said:
Hi there,

I often do French polish on toes.

For the little toes I use a marbling tool to apply the white polish. If the toes nails are very short I ignore the natural smile line (mainly because there often isn't a smile line to work with). You'll be surprised how fine you can get the white line with a marbling tool and can often even get that last little pinky!

If there really is no nail on the pinky I don't worry about it. As long as the toes are nice and moisturised and free of hard skin it shouldn't be too noticable and will probably be hidden once in a strappy sandal anyway.

Hope it helps.

Best wishes,

Karen
Thanks a lot, Karen, and yes that helps a helluva lot! I'll go for that and have a practice on my hubby at the weekend - poor Rob!!

Well ill let you all know tonight once ive done my first set havent got a marbling tool though but ill do my best.

Hi Kelly

Hope all goes well with the tootsies tonight.

I use MTW of my smile lines as I find it last longer on toes I tidy up the smile line with a gel brush dipped in Nail fresh.

I do sticky base coat then MTW let that dry for a couple of mins then I use Negligee over the top then top coat looks fab I do my toes this way all the time and it last until I do a Pedi about 4 weeks later.

You can apply the white on tiny toes with a cocktail stick works for me lol.

Hope this helps

Take care Dawnie

Dawnie's right - an orange stick will work just as well!

Good luck - I'm sure they'll look fab!

Kx

Dawnie said:
Hi Kelly

Hope all goes well with the tootsies tonight.

I use MTW of my smile lines as I find it last longer on toes I tidy up the smile line with a gel brush dipped in Nail fresh.

I do sticky base coat then MTW let that dry for a couple of mins then I use Negligee over the top then top coat looks fab I do my toes this way all the time and it last until I do a Pedi about 4 weeks later.

You can apply the white on tiny toes with a cocktail stick works for me lol.

Hope this helps

Take care Dawnie
Thanks Dawnie, glad you use the mtw as thats what im planning to use tonight x

I thought that MTW couldnt be used under nail enamel - where did i get that idea from??

Carole Lindsay said:
I thought that MTW couldnt be used under nail enamel - where did i get that idea from??

It works ok for me I also use emanel over it on my fingers as I like to add a coat of moon light and roses over the top gives the nail bed a nice pinky glow and takes the edge of the white............looks stunning.

Take care Dawnie

Dawnie said:
It works ok for me I also use emanel over it on my fingers as I like to add a coat of moon light and roses over the top gives the nail bed a nice pinky glow and takes the edge of the white............looks stunning.

Take care Dawnie
I feel like a right twit now! I'll give it a go!!

Dawnie said:

Take care Dawnie
Hi Dawnie the moon light and roses you use over the top where did you get that from? sometimes its nice to bring the white down a little but otherwise i love the mtw x x

Kellyc said:
Hi Dawnie the moon light and roses you use over the top where did you get that from? sometimes its nice to bring the white down a little but otherwise i love the mtw x x

Hi Babe

The enamels are from Creative

Take care Dawnie xx

I usually use Stripe Rite from SO EASY. I find it very confortable using on all different toes.

Hi guys,

Whats MTW? Is that a stupid question?? LOL!

Michelle.x

Latest posts

Back