French Manicure Tape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyliekit88

Reaction score
Hi

I haven't been on much as my 18 month year old has been getting all my time. Im hoping to start doing nails again soon so had a visit to my local wholesale. They had on the counter some kind of french manicure tape which I didn't buy but I was wondering if anyone has used it, what it is called and if you rate it at all. As I have said I haven't done nails for a while but it may be quite handy to use on myself for speed!

I'm really missing doing nails and just can't wait to get started again.

How have I coped for the past few months?

Thanks

Wyliekit

Do you mean as a mask for your smile lines or stick on 'whites' so to apeak.

If its the mask for the smile line, yes I used these when i first started out when doing french polish manicure....it wasn't very good at all. haven't used the stick on whites....look like a hygiene & lifting risk if you ask me so i willl avoid them

Best to learn to freepaint perfect white if you ask me. I still occasionally have to back-swipe mine if I make a cock-up, but generally I'm fairly pleased with my smiles nowadays.

No - I don't like those either. It is a tape which goes on your free edge apparently.

i brought some by a company called the edge and they were totally naff!!!! as when i peeled them off all the glue came off on to the nail and i got in a right mess.....not impressed, i do it free hand and even though its not perfect its alot less messy.

sian
xx

I do not know of any professionals who use this product.

However it might aid YOU when doing your own. Thing is to let the paint dry before removing ... no one does this so they generally mess it up removing the tape.

they generally mess it up removing the tape.
Guilty as charged !

I used to use these ages ago, before training..
actually let me re phrase that..I used to TRY to use these .
Everytime I removed the tape, No matter how careful i tried to be..I messed it up,
It pulled up the white with it..leaving like a ledge...
And very fiddly to get straight and stuck down firmly from what I recall...

and getting the blighters to stay put was a nightmare too, once that little edge peels up..you're stuffed !

thanks all. Im so glad i didnt buy it. I will stick to the good old fashioned way. If its not broken dont try to fix it eh?

Latest posts

Back