French Manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather111

Reaction score
Just a quicky to see what the preference is here.....When doing french polish which do you do: white tip then pink over OR pink then white tip.

(Obviously base 1st and top last)

white tip then pink over for me.
That way if I make any slight mistakes with my white I can tidy it up before applying the pink. If it was other way round my tidy up would ruin the pink.
JMO....

Pink then white- it makes the white more noticable more defined

pink then white for majority of clients who like bright, clean, look (other way for the odd person who doesn't want their nails to be too noticeable). Fiona

I prefer white then pink, I use a soft pink which does tend to mask the white

pink first then white we clean the smile line if we have to with nail art brush dipped in acetone and the smile comes very good .

Mui

White then pink for me...... :)

mui said:
pink first then white we clean the smile line if we have to with nail art brush dipped in acetone and the smile comes very good .

Mui

Hi Mui

If you do it that way do you not take the pink polish off with the acetone?
This is why I like to do white first clean smile line up with nail fresh with gel brush.

Take care Dawn

Thanks everyone! Personally I prefer white then pink. This way I find the white is not too 'in yer face' if you know what I mean......(Plus this way I can tidy my white!!!)

Dawnie said:
Hi Mui

If you do it that way do you not take the pink polish off with the acetone?
This is why I like to do white first clean smile line up with nail fresh with gel brush.

Take care Dawn

Sawasdee ka dawnie

we do all the pinks first 1 to 10 and then do the whites but swipe the white with the nail art brush dipped acetone after doing the white 1 finger at a time the white is still fresh wet .

We learn how to do this by american nail techs many do this and it work very very good .

Geeg speak b4 about a product that some nail techs use in uk but we are happy with acetone now we use a fine nail art brush .

Thank you mui

Hiya,

I do pale pink or cream or clear on all ten then apply the white and top coat all ten.......................i find i get a brighter white

Amanda

I do both!! I normally give my clients a choice,and i probably do 3/4 with the white on top, I prefer to use creatives white as i find it goes on marvelously, the best i've found to date( and i've tried a lot).

As for the pink i usually offer a choice with those too, jessica's "chic" is my personal favourite, its more a pearlescent shimmery colour rather than a pink, my salon uses all jessica polishes and they do a lot of different ones that can be used with a french.
Paula xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back