French Manicure..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather111

Reaction score
I have a client to do on Thursday who has requested a French Manicure as her natural nails are quite long...apart from one! She has asked me if I could put one nail enhancement on. Would this be ok?? She is going to a wedding on the Saturday so I don't want it to look strange....

So long as the enhancement is made to the same size as the rest of her nails, there should be no problem. Once the French polish is applied, they will all look the same.

Heather111 said:
I have a client to do on Thursday who has requested a French Manicure as her natural nails are quite long...apart from one! She has asked me if I could put one nail enhancement on. Would this be ok?? She is going to a wedding on the Saturday so I don't want it to look strange....
I did the very same thing for my Mum a few months ago as she broke two of her lovely long nails before going to a wedding. I applied two tips and f/b etc. for strength as she didnt want them to break (the wedding was in the US so i couldnt exactly fix 'em could i??). I shaped them exactly the same as the rest of her nails and nobody knew the difference :). Do be careful with colours though! You will probably need to use the strong white not creamy white coz i could see the slight difference as i was putting on a creamy shimmery colour all over and needed an extra coat to disguise it. Hope this helps.

Hi

I often put the odd nail on myself when I break (bite!!!) one. They always look fine - just match up your polish.

I did same thing on my ring nail. It broke the day before my wedding and I put tip (previously shaped to size and length of my naturall nails) with gel on and applied french polish ... Nobody noticed the difference.

This will be fine I have done this before on several occasions to people who normally have natural overlays. Like other geeks have mentioned it can change the tone of the polish.

Hope it goes well Jenny

Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back