French Manicures (aaaargh!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa111

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Am newly qualified and was after a bit of advice please.

Firstly, does anyone that works from home/mobile charge extra on their price lists for french manicures?

Secondly, does anyone know of anywhere i might be able to get hold of a white polish pen to do the tips for the french manicures? Thought i'd give this a try as it takes me forever to get a straight even line with the normal varnish brushes (yes, I know, practice maks perfect!!).

Would appreciate any help!! :hug:

Thanks xxx

if you are struggling hun , do a search on here , there will be pages of helpful hints on how to do a really good french polish , i think every single person on here has struggled with em :lol:
a good tip is to do your white them tidy the smile up with nail fresh and a brush (i use an old l&p brush )
i used to be petrified but aint fussed now , hth xx

oops forgot to add , yeah i charge extra , as it takes longer , and every salon round my area charges too so why not !! :lol:

deffo search on here for tips on neater smile lines,theres loads of info on it hun

i dont think its very professional looking to use those white tip pens (but thats just my opinion) try dee's suggestion old brush and nail fresh or something similar, and just tidy up the line after doing it, and as you said practise makes perfect

also deffo charge more for french, it takes longer so why not, everyone by me charges more, so do i, no one ever queries it ,

good luck hun x

practise , then practise some more, then charge for it, it takes longer and is an artistic abilty in itself.

Particularly if you do it freehand with a base coat applied (just as we are taught with any other polishing method).
Theres a few French Polish vids on website (hopr the can help somewhat)
Nail Zoo Video Page

Thanks everyone!

You've been a great help!! :green:

Hi folks,

Am newly qualified and was after a bit of advice please.

Firstly, does anyone that works from home/mobile charge extra on their price lists for french manicures?

Secondly, does anyone know of anywhere i might be able to get hold of a white polish pen to do the tips for the french manicures? Thought i'd give this a try as it takes me forever to get a straight even line with the normal varnish brushes (yes, I know, practice maks perfect!!).

Would appreciate any help!! :hug:

Thanks xxx
hay yer u can get them from salon sales or salon direct if any of them are near to you! i will get the hang of paintin it on with nail varnish xx:lol:

Latest posts

Back