French On Nail Biter!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEBSY

Reaction score
On thursday i have a client,well she is actually the reflexologist at our salon,she has badly bitten nails,we are talking not much nail left and big bulbous lumps of finger where her free edge should be! She is going on holiday for a week and insists she wants enhancements on,she says she has had them on before. Now she wants french tips,i have had a try sizing them and could get them on but they will be high up on her nail (which i think looks silly) i know you can saddle the sides but won't this look daft and obvious with a white tip? as the "saddle" will have to be the size for a flippin shire horse! :lol: Ohhh someone please advise me on this,i have told her not to expect them to survive long but she totally insists she wants them doing,,,suppose i was trying to put her off as i've not yet done badly bitten nails,,,,OH by the way,,i only do FABRIC# at the mo,,,acrylic makes me physically sick one whiff and i chuck! :rolleyes: am doing Brisa Gel course on sept14th.
please help,only got 3 days to go.
DEBS.x :)

I personally don't like using white tips on a nail biter and normally use pink and white gel on a nail biter. As you work with Fabric I would suggest using More than white and perhaps paint with a polish like Moonlight and Roses to disguise any imperfections until her nail bed is longer.

I've just read abit by Ruth in the 'White tips on clear tips' post. That may help as well.

i posted the thread yesterday about an article i had seen in PN...it is where a clear tip is placed and filed short and then a white tip placed over the top where the smile line should be. Check out the thread it explained how to do it. I haven't tried this but ruth says it is a really good way to elongate a short nail bed,
hth
dianne

Yes i've seen this thread,,,if only i used acrylic!
because i use fabric if i use this method you would see where the clear tip adjoins wots left of her nails and the ends of wots left are not nice :eek:
so i can't hide this with the flawless pink,,,,oh blimey,,,,,,i suppose negligee may cover,or even as suggested moonlight and roses,
any more suggestions gratefully welcomed and i'll go with the majority :lol:

oh by the way, it would better do you all think if i apply tips with pink gelbond instead of build?

DEBSY said:
because i use fabric if i use this method you would see where the clear tip adjoins wots left of her nails and the ends of wots left are not nice :eek:
so i can't hide this with the flawless pink,,,,oh blimey,,,,,,i suppose negligee may cover,or even as suggested moonlight and roses,

oh by the way, it would better do you all think if i apply tips with pink gelbond instead of build?
Do you use MTW Debsy? Personally I'd just try and keep it as simple as possible and use normal tips, paint on MTW and then get her to use Moonlight & Roses for example for help mask as Plaoh suggests.

not too brill yet with MTW but yes your right that is another option,,,,,so i use normal velocity, saddle the sides (alot) and MTW,,,she insists on the proper white tips but hey if she wants them doing she's gonna have to take my,or rather your advice won't she! :lol:
your all being very helpfull as usual i knew i could rely on you all!
thanks

DEBSY said:

why don't you PM Ruth for some info. She uses this method and Fabric#

Ok just replied in a pm...............You don't have to use clear tips, we used to use natural tips a little less see through if you get my meaning.............

But you don't have to piggy back, this is only ever used if a client really wants to use the French tips..................
I would because of the shortness and severity of the biter just use natural tips, saddle, apply aso..............
Piggy backing would only be usefull for recovering nail biters, clients that are just lacking a little bit of nail plate length, not most of the nail plate it's self......... lol.......

But another thought has crossed my mind as I did this on Friday...................
Use a normal tip, saddle and overlay with Fabric#, then use a enamel called CND Porcelain Doll....2x of this....... Fab covering, slightly shimmery and apply your French smile last......... top coat and it will look brill...........
HTH

Thanks again Ruth,,
have just read your pm to me and i agree but as i said if i am to do my white last over polish i will not be able to correct smile line with nailfresh cos it will spoil polish underneath,,,oh heck if only i could do perfect smile lines now without tidying up,WOT AM I LIKE!, ok,anyone got ideas about this now,,i do have some of those nasty stick on curvy jobs for french somewhere but they are not very good are they and would probably take polish of with it when i peeled it off! :lol:
you've all been very helpfull,,,thank you

I did a nail biter not so long ago with tiny nail beds, she wanted permanent french for her 18th. I told her that we would perhaps have more white than pink, but it didn't worry her, she was over the moon with them, it was just me thinking the white could have been a lot less. It's what she wanted and she was happy, as you can imagine, better than her bitten nails. I think if you explain to her how it will look and she still wants you to do them, do it.

Or do one colour and paint french look on.

Deb379

Latest posts

Back