French Radical Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nynn

Reaction score
I'm desperately looking for a possible answer to a problem I've encountered with a client!! I've recently completed the Future Nail/Creative Nail Design course and am now working as a "mobile" nail technician (3 months). I recently applied a set of French Radical Tips on a client - within 6 days all ten nails had "slid" off the nail (complete enhancement!). I then reapplied (free of charge) another set of tips and the same thing happened!!! My client claims she is looking after her nails as per my instructions (ie rubber gloves at all times with the first week, etc.). My client also informed me that when she has sculptured nails applied previously, she did not have the same problem!! Help please!!!!!!!!

Nynn said:
I'm desperately looking for a possible answer to a problem I've encountered with a client!! I've recently completed the Future Nail/Creative Nail Design course and am now working as a "mobile" nail technician (3 months). I recently applied a set of French Radical Tips on a client - within 6 days all ten nails had "slid" off the nail (complete enhancement!). I then reapplied (free of charge) another set of tips and the same thing happened!!! My client claims she is looking after her nails as per my instructions (ie rubber gloves at all times with the first week, etc.). My client also informed me that when she has sculptured nails applied previously, she did not have the same problem!! Help please!!!!!!!!
Hi ya Nynn,
If you can please post your step by step application and maybe we can see if we can shed some light on this little problem........

Sculpted tips are stronger, there is no resin bond between the nail plate and the tip.............. A pure keratin bond............the more keratin the better the enhancement will last..........and no curling of the free edge either as that is capped in the L&P.........

love

Hi Nailsinlondon1 - thanks for getting back to me. My steps were as follows:

1. PREP
2. File nail plate in direction of nail growth with Koala
3. Apply Scrubfresh
4. Apply Primer
5. Select tip, file and apply using gel bond
6. Reapply Scrubfresh to nail plate area only
7. Apply liquid and powder (first time with Radical and second time with Retention+)
8. Shape and file tip
9. Thin product layer if necessary with Tuxedo file
10. Apply Solar Oil and buff into enhancement
11. Buff with Girlfriend

Any help you can give me would be VERY much appreciated!!

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Hi ya Nynn,
If you can please post your step by step application and maybe we can see if we can shed some light on this little problem........

Sculpted tips are stronger, there is no resin bond between the nail plate and the tip.............. A pure keratin bond............the more keratin the better the enhancement will last..........and no curling of the free edge either as that is capped in the L&P.........

love

Are you using Cuticle Remover, and then then taking it off with water and citrus soak?
Are you fully drying the nail, after this step?
Are you applying scrubfresh and primer, before product application? Are you just applying primer to 2/3 nails at a time?

I am not sure what you mean about using Retention and Radical?

Debbie Easter
Creative Ambassador
Manchester

Nynn said:
Hi Nailsinlondon1 - thanks for getting back to me. My steps were as follows:

1. PREP
2. File nail plate in direction of nail growth with Koala
3. Apply Scrubfresh
4. Apply Primer
5. Select tip, file and apply using gel bond
6. Reapply Scrubfresh to nail plate area only
7. Apply liquid and powder (first time with Radical and second time with Retention+)
8. Shape and file tip
9. Thin product layer if necessary with Tuxedo file
10. Apply Solar Oil and buff into enhancement
11. Buff with Girlfriend

Any help you can give me would be VERY much appreciated!!
Hi ya babe,
Ok lets see..............
With your prep do you make sure all non living tissue is removed? then rinse of the cuticle remover with a light spray of water mixed with citrus fresh???
Make sure the nail is perfectly dry........

So I would do this..........
Step 1-3
then apply tips blend, remove dust and scrubfresh only on the natural nail. j
apply primer if I was to use primer
Use R+, make sure ratio is spot on........
press and smooth product, keeping it away from the sidewalls and cuticle area's
Then step 8-11

R+ is used for clients that experience lifting.............
A keratin-bonding liquid that creates enhancements with superior adhesion. Its excellent adhesion makes primer use optional. Use on clients with enhancements that are prone to lifting.......

So don't use the two use just the R+.............make sure your have the correct Ratio, to wet and it will lift due to excessive shrinkage, reduces the strength because the chemistry is off balance between strength and flexibility..............to dry and it creates a lack of adhesion, to little monomer and it wont hold the structure together.............

Press and smooth the product.........increases the contact and there for increases adhesion.........
Avoid soft tissue contact, this will cause over exposure and increases the lifting rate, but also can contaminate the brush and nail plate with oils........

Avoid to much primer as this will have the effect like 2 layers of sticky tape, it makes the product sit on stilts so to speak rather then giving you covalent bonding............A bit like shaking hands with someone that has gloves on, and them pulling their hand away from yours............all you will be left with is a glove and not the whole glove encased hand..................

HTH a little xxx

Ruth - you never fail to amaze me - I learn something new everytime I read your posts! What a girl! Thanks.

Sherry. x

Latest posts

Back