French rebalances timing ( Creative L&P)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna from Toronto

Reaction score
A quick question. How long does it take you to do:
- complete prep (and do you file by hand or e-file)
- product application (white and pink)
- finish

TIA,

It takes me 1 hour 30 mins to do a full set but I`ve never split that time up between prep and product application, I`m usually too engrossed it what I`m doing to see what time I`m on.
When it comes to rebalances though thats another ball game, it takes me about the same time, even if I haven`t got any problems with lifting and such. I really need a bit of 1-2-1 on that side, although I haven`t done my master class on rebalancing yet, I`ll have to get my finger out won`t I?

A Forever French rebalance takes me on average about 5-10 minutes longer to complete than a normal rebalance. And that extra time is taken up by file prep of the zone 1 area and recreating the new smile line when I apply the product. Finishing as normal.

I do not use an e-file - though I did dabble with using one many years ago and found that I personally didn´t care for all the dust and I found it no quicker for me.

I never remove all the white when doing a French RB. I just thin at the smile line and zone 2 and then add a new smile with a very small bead and just blend into the rest of the white which is already there. Takes no time at all really if the whites are thin to begin with.

That's the way I teach as well.

Geeg, I was very intrigued by your reply!!! When I do a Forever French rebalance I thin the whole lot down and then replace the white and zone 2 & 3. Have I been doing this wrong? :huh: Someone please help me!!!!

You can't say that what you have been doing is wrong ... but you are doing much more work than you need to.

Why replace the white that is already there? All you need is to replace the smile line, a little higher up, to cover the re-growth right? If this is so, then just thin where you need to and as I say, blend the new white into the old white. I think you use Creative and the white doesn't yellow, so there is no difference in the finished look as long as your ratio is consistent.

Work smart not hard is my motto ... no need to do more than you have to is there? :D There is no sense in removing product that you then just replace immediately with more of the same.

Try it. I think you'll see that it is the smart option. Less work, less dust, less time, so not such a pain in the butt to do!!

Thanks Geeg :thumbsup: . I will definitely give it a try!

Geeg, so how long would you say on the average it "should" take to do those 3 steps?
With gels I remove all the white, maybe with L&P its not nessesary.....

For me, I would say that a normal rebalance usually takes an hour. That is a normal rebalance .. no lifting, no Forever French, perhaps one repair.

A forever French rebalance takes me about 1hr 15 (more or less).

Of that time the most time is spent on preparation, say 30 minutes and the rest on application and finishing. Hope that helps.

Thanks Geeg, thats very helpful.
It takes me 30-35 min to prep, 25-30 min for application (P&W) and maybe 20 min to finish. So all together 1:30 min really.
So I have to work on my prep a bit, and the application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back