French Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkerpink

Reaction score
:green:Well I've done it! I've only gone and bought myself a salon in France!!! I have been doing mobile work in Britain, Creative gel and l&p, Spamanicure, Spapedicure, spraytanning, waxing and tinting for the last three years. The bulk of my work is nail enhancements, however I can't see the French loving these! Does anybody have any hints on what would go down a storm? I'm thinking massage or facials? I want to do some courses but am unsure which way to go.:eek:

How exciting. Where in France and why France?

:green:Well I've done it! I've only gone and bought myself a salon in France!!! I have been doing mobile work in Britain, Creative gel and l&p, Spamanicure, Spapedicure, spraytanning, waxing and tinting for the last three years. The bulk of my work is nail enhancements, however I can't see the French loving these! Does anybody have any hints on what would go down a storm? I'm thinking massage or facials? I want to do some courses but am unsure which way to go.:eek:
Right,first,congratulations,where in France are you going to be based?

Secondly,promote as much as you can in waxing and skincare.This will be the bulk of your treatments.I would also include body treatments,as French women have alot of these,but make sure your certificates are legal,although if they are internationally recognised this should be no problem.Your local "mairie" is the best place to present these to.

Nail enhancements are not as big as they are over here.It depends on the geography of your area.Target the expats if you can,especially the over 50s who would be retired and probably have alot of money:lol:

When are you going to go,im going back home to France in a couple of weeks,but i will be in Paris,Auxerre,and Dijon in Burgundy.

Do you have to do any renovations,as French builders are reluctant to do the work for english people,believe me:eek::lol:

I hope you speak French,if not,get to know the locals,and target them,dont be afraid if you make mistakes,we understand,and you will gain so much respect for it:hug:

I hope you succeed,as a matter of fact do you know the supplier for creative nail design,ive had so much trouble locating them:eek:

French people are very discerning when it comes to skin care,so i hope you have chosen your products wisely.:eek::green:

Any help just ask away hun...oh how i wish you so much luck:hug:

what a fantastic thing to do :)!! congratulations:!:

so many people think about this kind of thing but never do it (me included):irked:
and I so applaud your decision.
Life is so so short so get out there girl and enjoy:):):):)
be sure to let us know how its all going:hug:
lots of good luck wishes to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations.... my hubby is lways nagging at me to move away, either to france or Spain, but I just havnt the nerve to do it!:green:

We are moving to a beautiful place called Fougerolles Du Plessis in Mayenne, Pays de la Loire. I am soooo excited and cannot believe we are doing it, nor can I believe what we paid for our excellent property!!!!

I have been told Creative suppliers are in Lyon? I do need to look into this more.

Going on your advice I am shortly going to do a course with Academie De Beaute to top-up my facial skills and will use their products.

To all the people who want to do it but daren't, GO FOR IT!! The time to buy in France is now as prices won't always be this cheap, we left it too late for spain as we couldn't afford it now. My husband is giving up a sparkling career in logistics and doing an intensive plastering course so that he can work for himself also, only a couple of days a week though eh? No mortgage, no bosses, healthy children, beautiful surroundings and wonderful food, I feel like I might burst with excitement!

Good luck with your french future hun, i hope it all goes great for you and your family :hug:

We are moving to a beautiful place called Fougerolles Du Plessis in Mayenne, Pays de la Loire. I am soooo excited and cannot believe we are doing it, nor can I believe what we paid for our excellent property!!!!

I have been told Creative suppliers are in Lyon? I do need to look into this more.

Going on your advice I am shortly going to do a course with Academie De Beaute to top-up my facial skills and will use their products.

To all the people who want to do it but daren't, GO FOR IT!! The time to buy in France is now as prices won't always be this cheap, we left it too late for spain as we couldn't afford it now. My husband is giving up a sparkling career in logistics and doing an intensive plastering course so that he can work for himself also, only a couple of days a week though eh? No mortgage, no bosses, healthy children, beautiful surroundings and wonderful food, I feel like I might burst with excitement!
OMG!!!! im coming to you for an Academie facial...:eek::green:
Pays de la loire is such a lovely area...you have Le Mans,Orleans,Saumur,and the beautiful cinderella chateau of Usse within easy reach.Alencon where the lace is made and Bagnoles de l orne are to the north of you.....wonderful!!

The Loire along with Burgundy to the east are 2 of the most richest provinces in France,agriculturally,and economically,so you should do well:)

I hope your Academie training will go well for you,are you going to train in the
training school with Orielle,near the champs elysees in Paris?
Do you speak French?
Oh im so happy for you...:hug:
We,my husband and i are going to Academie in Paris while we are in France in a couple of weeks.

What facials are you taking on...im sure Pierre or Carole can help you.

Let us know when you are going,and keep in touch:hug:

Well I am still in the early stages at the moment (only just signing the initial contract for our property) and have just sent a 2nd e-mail to academie as they didn't respond to the first. I am hoping I can train in Britain though but if this isn't possible then I shall have to force myself to go to Paris (scary as it sounds).

Kids (age 3 & 6) are having French lessons through Le club francais and my husband and I are learning with Michel Thomas, Il est tres bon?

What other body treatments would you suggest? I could offer facials, waxing, tinting, manicure, pedicure and enhancements for the brits.

Going back again on Sunday so will try and do a little more research.

I will see if my husband knows how to upload a pic of my house so you can all been stunned at what you can get in France if you really look properly.

Good luck - would love to see details of your house.

Happy living the dream! :hug:

Well I am still in the early stages at the moment (only just signing the initial contract for our property) and have just sent a 2nd e-mail to academie as they didn't respond to the first. I am hoping I can train in Britain though but if this isn't possible then I shall have to force myself to go to Paris (scary as it sounds).

Kids (age 3 & 6) are having French lessons through Le club francais and my husband and I are learning with Michel Thomas, Il est tres bon?

What other body treatments would you suggest? I could offer facials, waxing, tinting, manicure, pedicure and enhancements for the brits.

Going back again on Sunday so will try and do a little more research.

I will see if my husband knows how to upload a pic of my house so you can all been stunned at what you can get in France if you really look properly.
Academie re open next monday i think...as they are on holiday at the moment.

As for training,Hyperion had the distribution for Academie,so i suppose you will have to deal with Paris for this...but dont worry,you have made the right choice:green:

As for body treatments..i would go for the Acadayspa treatments from Academie.You will probably need a body massage qualification as a pre requisite,i think,or maybe ionithermie,this a fantastic machine based treatment,for cellulite,i know of many salons that have this in France and very successful:)

Send us a pic when you have one:hug:

C:\Documents and Settings\Nicola\My Documents\My Pictures\2007-08-21\DSCN0725.JPG

:irked:Okay that didn't work, any hints?

:cry:Seems i'm not set up to post attachments. Anybody know why?:cry:

aaah...i think you need to be a premium geek hun,which you pay a subscription for the site,i may be wrong but i have a hunch this is why...:!:
xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back