French Shellac- how do you do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jac4Harry

Reaction score
I do

1 x base
2 x cream puff
1 x negligee
1 x top

I get alot of clients who love my Shellac french (and my colours, lol) so wondered what you all did and if its working for you?
I have just purchased beau and romantique for the first time so will give them a go this week!

hi hun

i did my first French the other day. I did base, one clearly pink, one cream puff, one clearly pink then top coat. I also offer negligee instead of clearly pink.

Love n hugs x o x

I always do a colour coat (Love beau) before the cream puff so if I need to swipe my smile line I don't take the base coat off. HTH

1x base.
1x beau.
1x cream puff (swipe if needed with brush)
1x top coat

:)

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

I always do a colour coat (Love beau) before the cream puff so if I need to swipe my smile line I don't take the base coat off. HTH

Once the base coat is cured, there shouldn't be any reason to be scared you would take it off.

The sticky layer has nothing to do with the 2nd layer of Shellac. :)

Once the base coat is cured, there shouldn't be any reason to be scared you would take it off.

The sticky layer has nothing to do with the 2nd layer of Shellac. :)
I do base, colour, White, colour & top coat.

Sometimes if you have to clean the White up with a brush, the brush can remove some of the base coat, which is why I do a colour before the White. :)

I do base, colour, White, colour & top coat.

Sometimes if you have to clean the White up with a brush, the brush can remove some of the base coat, which is why I do a colour before the White. :)

I also do a color before the white. That's just because it's easier to clean the white than polish the color on the back of the nail. :)

Are you using a dry brush to clean up the smile lines? I still think once the base coat is cured, it's not going to simply wipe off with a brush. Otherwise, the Shellac wouldn't stay on nails. It could just be rubbed right off. Other Geeks may correct me, but this is how my brain is working it out! Lol. :)

I also do a color before the white. That's just because it's easier to clean the white than polish the color on the back of the nail. :)

Are you using a dry brush to clean up the smile lines? I still think once the base coat is cured, it's not going to simply wipe off with a brush. Otherwise, the Shellac wouldn't stay on nails. It could just be rubbed right off. Other Geeks may correct me, but this is how my brain is working it out! Lol. :)
I once had a problem with my White line going wriggly after I'd swiped it, when posting on here fellow geeks told me it was because I was removing some base coat with the brush, so hence now applying the colour 1st - have had no problems since!:D

Wow! Well, I have never worried about removing base coat! Haha. Hope I don't need to start now, yikes! :eek:

Well, let me add, I always put a color coat over the base coat, so there'd be no need to worry. But, there have been times when a client has smudged her base coat in her hair or clothing or something, and I smoothed it out and went on with my Shellac'ing. As far as I know, it didn't cause her any problems! Lol.

Ambur is correct .. the base coat will not be removed with either a dry brush or with a brush with a touch of alcohol. Cured is cured. If you remove a bit of ¡f the sticky layer . so what!! You do not need the sticky layer layer for the next layer to stick.

Ambur is correct .. the base coat will not be removed with either a dry brush or with a brush with a touch of alcohol. Cured is cured. If you remove a bit of ¡f the sticky layer . so what!! You do not need the sticky layer layer for the next layer to stick.
I did wonder, but had no issues with it since altering my application, any ideas what cause the wriggly line after swiping??!!

Hi all

I do x1 base usually beau as it is a really gorg color makes nail plate look healthy then x1 studio or cream puff also using millioniare and mother of pearl for easy xmas touch also use all other colours to do colour french

xxx happy frenching xxx its my bread and butter don't u just wish sometimes clients would just go for something more creative xxx I do love french but not 6 on the trot xxx that was my friday the other dayx

On the CND website there is a step by step for Shellac and it says to do colour first so base coat is not removed if tidying up??!

I did wonder, but had no issues with it since altering my application, any ideas what cause the wriggly line after swiping??!!

Not sure on that. The only thing I could think of is if you're brush is saturated with alcohol it could be breaking down the Shellac, causing the line to be wriggly.

Not sure on that. The only thing I could think of is if you're brush is saturated with alcohol it could be breaking down the Shellac, causing the line to be wriggly.
I use a dry brush, it only happened the once I did about 8 in a row and it was the last client that it happened with on one or two nails the other clients were all fine, maybe a curing issue?! I've never had it since - weird!!

On the CND website there is a step by step for Shellac and it says to do colour first so base coat is not removed if tidying up??!

Just looked on the website, and that is correct! They said to apply the color coat so that if you need to correct the smile line, you don't remove the base layer!? As I said before, it's not an issue for me, but I would still like to know how the base layer is removed, if it's cured! Lol. Maybe the video is old and there's new techniques and knowledge, now. :)

http://www.cnd.com/Education/Videos/shellac-french-application-and-removal.aspx

You may have to sign in to watch it.

I don't have any issues with French, and I tidy up my smile lines after Cream puff.

Might try colour first to see if it looks any differnt!

Yup! That's why I do a colour coat first just following manufacturer's instructions.....

hi guys i have so far avoided buying the cream puff (i really dont feel confident getting a perfect smile line and because i work virtually full time its hard to perfect) so have been using dashing diva.

i know i have been avoiding it for far too long and am going to be buying the cream puff this week.

so my question is this, base coat, then colour, then cream puff, brush do you use (specifically) and is it disperse you use to clean up the smile line??

many thanks!!

Latest posts

Back