French Shellac- when your client wants more white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrspip

Reaction score
Hi all
Just had a question pop in my head from when I did my french shellac on my sister..... If you have done all the layers including the top coat and your client (my sister) decides that they want a bit more white on the nail, how can you do this once it has all cured?
Do you need to remove it all, do you just put more white on over the rop of the top coat and then another top coat over the etxra white or is there another way?

Thanks x

Do you mean more white as in a brighter white or that they want the French free edge to be deeper? sorr y lol

Sorry, bad explanation. I meant a deeper white edge

You could just go over everything with more white and then topcoat but I imagine there would be too many layers of Shellac.

I think it's a good idea that after the first nail, you ask the client if they like the free edge. That way, you can always change it before it's cured.

HTH! :)

Last edited:
Then she's just going to have to wait til next the set! Lol this is y I ask people before I cure the white if they want it thinner/thicker Bc it's now or never. Haha. Anticipating a request is the best way to save u time and head ache.

I did ask and she said it was ok, but then changed her mind.
I know she should have said, but I wouldn't want a client to be unhappy and say bad things to other people (not that my sister would, but had it been a paying customer

I did ask and she said it was ok, but then changed her mind.
I know she should have said, but I wouldn't want a client to be unhappy and say bad things to other people (not that my sister would, but had it been a paying customer

If I were the client and changed my mind AFTER the service, then I would just have to live with it. Clients have to take some responsibility. Shellac ISN'T polish.

exactly and i think if you start trying to deepen the white or something else that she has now decided then you will be spoiling her and she will have a habit maybe then of looking at her finished nails and saying ...well actually.. while you pull your hair out....
i know your question is hypothetical but still you probably will get clients like this at some stage and will have to be firm with them and i'd say i'll record it on your card that next time you would prefare the white deeper. etc, i can't really do anything at this stage unless you want me to start again and pay twice.:biggrin:

If I were the client and changed my mind AFTER the service, then I would just have to live with it. Clients have to take some responsibility. Shellac ISN'T polish.

Yes it is.

It isn't gel.

It isn't a little bit gel.

It's a power polish that has advanced technologies that allow the POLISH to be cured.

I know I may sound facetious, it is not my intention, but with all the hoohaa at the moment re Shellac being a polish or a gel or a hybrid I felt compelled to mention it.:hug:

It's not a polish or a gel. It's a power polish that is completely unique. I think what Nana was saying is, it isn't quick to remove, like regular polish is.

It's not a polish or a gel. It's a power polish that is completely unique. I think what Nana was saying is, it isn't quick to remove, like regular polish is.
Thank you.

I know it is a power polish.

And I know it can't be removed as quickly as regular polish.

And I do know what Deanosnana was trying to say.

I apologise if I had not made myself clear as to why I was responding in my original post.

On a fairly recent thread Mizzy Dizzy indicated that she had been advised Shellac is no longer referred to as a hybrid.

Geeg posted to confirm this, advising the word confused people into thinking it was a gel or half polish half gel.

She said it is a power polish which contained advanced technologies that allow the polish to be cured.

If we had to tell a client what it actually is then it is a polish albeit a power polish.

It is indeed as you say unique.

Peace and respect.

Jacqui

ps - If I have still misunderstood this I would appreciate clarification.

Whatever you want to call it, it's CURED . . . . she was given the choice and she chose the wrong thing . . . . TOUGH.

Sometimes we underestimate how much clients know - even though it goes in the UV lamp they still may not realise that curing it means it can't just be wiped away . . . . maybe press the point while doing the white next time . . . same with colour, once they have chosen, there's no "ooh actually have you got anything a bit lighter" - NO MADAM YOU ARE DONE!!

Thank you, SJK...that's EXACTLY what I meant! :hug:

Latest posts

Back