French tip application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnailedit

Reaction score
Hi all

This is an urgent post. I have a client soon who wants french tip. I've been practicing (using gel polish) and sorting smile line with brush. Thing is the other beige part of nail gets stained when fixing up the smile line with acetone. Please help (ps dont mind the mess around nail)

Hi all

This is an urgent post. I have a client soon who wants french tip. I've been practicing (using gel polish) and sorting smile line with brush. Thing is the other beige part of nail gets stained when fixing up the smile line with acetone. Please help (ps dont mind the mess around nail)

Questions aside, when you say you have a client soon, I hope you don’t mean imminently?

Work restrictions on personal care have not yet been lifted, and won’t be before at least 4th July.

Have you tried doing a straight line to the height of the french line needed then using a detail brush to create the smile line? Then if needed I tend to use gel wipe off solution and have found for me it comes to getting the dampness of my oval headed brush just right so the gel doesn’t blur but not too dry that it stains the base colour of the nail. This is at least how I find it most comfortable to create a french tip. I’d keep on with the practicing.

Defo try using alcohol or whatever you use to wipe the tacky layer of gel. And maybe topcoat then white tip then topcoat again? x

I have used dotting tool or when put the white on i have used a brush to tidy round smile line but i cure the pink first

Latest posts

Back