French tip tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beachfeet

Reaction score
Hi!

I am needing help with French manicures and tips. I have the Gelish dip powder and I feel like it is difficult to accurately get a smile line and perfect French manicure look.

I heard of using a white tip with pink overlay.

Should I be using a gel system or L&P system? What helps you achieve the perfect French look?

To get a very crisp smile line and extended nail bed, I always sculpt in reverse method as do most nail techs I know these days. There are many nice videos on YouTube on this technique, and you can probably also find educators to help you with French if you're having problems with it. Gel, L&P and acrylgel are all good options for reverse application.
, so it'll depend on what you're more comfortable working with and what you already do. I don't think white tips are a great look, it looks cheap to me and would personally never use them or let a nail tech use them on me...how would you even extend the nail bed if the client had the wish or need for that? I know it sounds harsh, but that just my opinion. :)
Young Nails and Celina Ryden among many have detailed videos on reverse application French. :)

Thanks! I am looking into the videos now.

And I agree, not harsh at all. Just curious because I want to become great at this skill. I have a some more to learn.

Thanks! I am looking into the videos now.

And I agree, not harsh at all. Just curious because I want to become great at this skill. I have a some more to learn.

You have an excellent attitude and as long as you always want to learn you will do great x :) good luck!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back