French Tips - Filing out tip well

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LBR

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Need your help.

I've been reading past posts on French Tips and I know that you should file out the tip well. Can anyone help me when doing this. I am using NSI Elation white tips.

I've practiced filing out the well a few times but it doesn't seem to come out very neat (lots of raggedy bits) and I feel that it would look a mess if I used them on someone.

Without wasting all my tips trying to make them look good can anyone help me.

Thanks

Yvonne :rolleyes:

Yvonne Webster said:
Hi everyone,

Need your help.

I've been reading past posts on French Tips and I know that you should file out the tip well. Can anyone help me when doing this. I am using NSI Elation white tips.

I've practiced filing out the well a few times but it doesn't seem to come out very neat (lots of raggedy bits) and I feel that it would look a mess if I used them on someone.

Without wasting all my tips trying to make them look good can anyone help me.

Thanks

Yvonne :rolleyes:
Hi ya Hun,
do this.............after pre-blending the french tip, use the inside of your curved little scissors and just run the edge of the blade alond the inside of the smile line...........this will get rid of the fuzzy......but you can also, dip a cotton bud in enamel remover and swipe the smile line this way...........

You can also use your curved scissors and cut out the smile line.........
It takes practice perfecting pre-blending..............just take some tip cut offs, left over from a previous set and practice, file till the smile lines is fab and then tidy it up........this way you can practice and not waste good tips..........

HTH

Thanks Ruth, that's a great help. I shall get practicing tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Yvonne :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back