French Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeetNailz

Reaction score
Hi I have been poking about on eBay - never bid as I never win lol!. I have seen some French Tips with a clear well, they look good to me - my question is :?: which UK distributor supplies these and at what price?

Julie :D

Havent seen French tips with clear contact areas... though Im sure they are out there.
THere is a semi new company that is doing tips pre designed in this way... but im stumped as to who they are...

On the ebay thing...
I was there yesterday (never bought before) and stumbled upon 45" plasma TV's (yea... the testosterone was pumping)... then I checked out the prices outside of eBay for the same item...
The fools were bidding about £500 more for the TV then if they would have bought it new!
Someone was making out! :pirate:

Toodles

Thanks Grand Master - perhaps someone has seen them somewhere and will remember.

Jules

Hi Jules,

I saw those tips too - they look great don't they! :)

I've done a bit of looking around on the web and the only place I can find them are here http://www.nailiteinc.com They're $15.99 for 70. I've ordered two boxes (minimum $25.00 spend) and paid by credit card, but I've no idea how much the shipping will be!!! Oh dear, hope I'm not out of pocket!!! :?

Regards,

Karen :rainbow:

Hi

Someone has told me that Pronails do this French Tip with the clear well but that it is not included in their online site so I have mailed them to ask if they do indeed do these - will let you know.

Okay

Jules

hi karen did you get your tips and are they any good been looking at them myself but thought i would ask you first

:D

A bit new to permanent french but have been doing them lately and quite proud of the outcome if I say so myself! :D the I was wondering though what do most of you use? White tips or white acrylic? Do they make a difference and if not can't understand why people would use the acrylic cos surely that would be much harder work? :? way

I was wondering though what do most of you use? White tips or white acrylic?

I nearly always use white acrylic.

I love really deep smile lines and most full sets have less than perfect nails. Putting french tips on these makes the smile line look too far down the nail, so I use natural coloured tips and lay white acrylic where the smile line should be to create a longer looking nail bed.

This was bugging me because I know I've seen them in a brochure somewhere.....anyhows, I have trawled through a mountain of paperwork and happened upon the Nailorder catalogue and they do have some - they are listed with their pre-designed nail art tips - £19.95 for 70 (though this catalogue says they are £15.95 for a limited time - I suspect that time limit has long since passed :(). This picture is definitely not the one I recall seeing so it might have been Pronails. I do have Nail Solutions' catalogue and they don't seem to be in there....it is so annoying when you just can't quite put your finger on where you saw them.... :frust:

NeetNailz said:
Hi

Someone has told me that Pronails do this French Tip with the clear well but that it is not included in their online site so I have mailed them to ask if they do indeed do these - will let you know.

Okay

Jules

You're absolutely right - Pronails has them - just seen them online :thumbsup: . You can only see the complete list when you select "order" rather than view the online catalogue - when are they going to get that site organized with everything where it needs to be?! Well, they cost £47.50 for 250 - called "Fabulous French Nail Tips"....they'd need to be for that :shock:!! They do have all the individual sizes in boxes of 50 for £10.

One minute everyone is complaining about the cost of postage because they are a small business and money is tight and the next minute everyones talking about buying the MOST expensive tips I've ever heard of cause they have a clear well?? Why?
Either cut the well out of an ordinary french tip to acheive the same thing and NO blending, OR Better still - learn how to use white acrylic with skill and sculpt and save youself a wopping £4.00 on every set which goes right into your pocket.
If you use white acrylic over a tip you don't need to buy the French tips at all thus saving another chunk of change.
Practice and learn to handle that white acrylic - it's faster and cheaper and looks better too in my opinion. :p

Hi Nails at Home

Do they make a difference and if not can't understand why people would use the acrylic cos surely that would be much harder work?

Some people use white tips because they can't do good smile lines with white acrylic. Unfortunately, as we all know, nails grow as do the smile lines!! Therefore the teks who can't do their smile lines tend to just soak off and replace with a new set (not too good for the client's natural nail and also for their pockets :!: ), and the teks who can will buff down the old product on the free edge and then redo the new smile line in the appropriate place.

The other thing is that for a new set, applying a set of white tips is quicker than applying pink and white product. Personally, I tend to use natural tips and apply my own smile line ;)

At the end of the day, I would say persevere with your pinks and whites because so many teks (especially from around my area) can't do it.

All the best
Adele

Hi Crazy n' Creative,

I never did get the tips from nailteinc.com. They had an issue excepting a UK credit card and wanted me to fax a statement of my account. Which was no problem, except I couldn't get through to the fax number, so that was the end of that!

Pronails do have some, but at nearly fifty quid for 250 :shock: I didn't bother ordering any (in fact, I asked for some samples first and may have brought them, but they just sent me photocopy leaflets, so I didn't bother).

I wanted them for temporary/party nails for a friend who was bridesmaid last weekend, but ended up putting normal tips on, blending and then painting with a french manicure which she was very happy with.

In the meantime, I'm gonna practice my pink & white acrylic - I'm one of those who are hopeless!!!

Kx

Karen said:
Hi Crazy n' Creative,

I never did get the tips from nailteinc.com. They had an issue excepting a UK credit card and wanted me to fax a statement of my account. Which was no problem, except I couldn't get through to the fax number, so that was the end of that!

Kx

Hi Karen,

I buy white tips from either Nailorder or Nails Plus Beauty.

If you want contact details let me know.

Thank you Fiona.

I contacted Nails Plus Beauty a few weeks ago when I was first looking and the lady said they were still waiting to get stock from the US.

Do NailOrder do just plain white tips? I don't think I saw those - just patterned ones. I'll have to look again when I get home.

Have you used them yet? Just wondered if they blend easy and if you could wear them for a few days without overlay?

Kx

Hi,

Pro nails do these tips but they are abit expensive.

pronails.co.uk

Lynda

Thanks to those that gave advice on whether I should use white tips or acrylic as I was a wee bit confused :? Anyway, looks like I've been talked into just using the white acrylic - I'm quite pleased with the ones I've done so far anyway 8) :)

Good for you Nails at Home!!
Why take expensive short cuts when you can an do it all yourself.
In my opinion, a person can not claim to be a well rounded and 'qualified' nail technician until he/she can handle the product with enough skill to do a good set of Pink and whites AND that includes sculpting to. So work hard toward acheiving those goals - NO ONE makes it in 5 minutes :shock: Even though many think they can - they start working - and then never progress any further.

hi :D
i use the Millenium french tips. I find that they are great and really quick to do but I can only use them on clients that have a good size nail bed. I bought them from a beauty show but i'm running low now so i have to try see if i can get a brochure from them. I can't remember how much I paid now but I know that it was a bargain thats why i bought them.
If I find out I will let you know.

tina.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back