French Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salonslade

Reaction score
Hi just wondering newly trained and have been using Star Nails tips (french curviture) with well - they are now discontinuing this range - what tips do you recommend that has a nice white colour... :eek:

do you use a white powder or gel over the white tips or do you use the white tips on their own?

Hi just wondering newly trained and have been using Star Nails tips (french curviture) with well - they are now discontinuing this range - what tips do you recommend that has a nice white colour... :eek:
Have you spoken to Star Nails supplier and asked them what they will be supplying instead of these tips?Quite often they discontinue a range only to bring out a superior but similar range,that's my experiance with manufacturers/suppliers anyway.HTH

they are bringing a new tip out to replace french curvation...called....wait for it...french perfection! the smile lines are very deep (a wee bit too deep in my opinion) but have a look at the warehouse next time you are up there..infact if u type in french perfection in search i'm sure someone did a nice set and took photos. so you could see the piccys on here. hth! xx

for clients that want white tips - i use pro impression white tips. no well so it does 'slightly ' improve white tip look (imo) nailorder do several types of white tips with varying smile lines i think

Hi just use the tips on there own..didn't know you could use anything over the top. Using IBD so do you have any helpful tips that you could give me..

well i just wondered how you maintain the nail?
when they come back for their appts? do you soak off and start again or do you use a white gel/powder to re do the smile line,?

is it gel you are using or l and p??

I use ibd gel, if you get your nail products through grafton they do the ibd white french tips. I like them as they have no well so you get a perfect smile line L x

I would personally say, to save you time when your clients come back in for thier infills / rebalances - learn to do a gorge pink and white enhancement!! :green:

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finishing-maintenance/14905-forever-french-rebalance.html

Hope that link is ok, I've only just started doing links lol

But this is a good one that will explain just what you need to do when a client returns with the white tip well grown out. It is pretty skilled and I think we're all rubbish at it at first but it soon comes with practice:hug:

Nothing wrong with using French tips though, till you feel confident doing the tip with white acrylic (referred to as pink and whites or p&w, because you use a pink and a white acrylic to create the French look). I've used the Nailorder tips quite a bit, they are actually surprisingly good. hth x

Latest posts

Back