French white polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarfield

Reaction score
Ok i'm freaking out cos at college after the holidays i'm going to be expected to do a French manicure in the same amount of time as a standard manicure, with a plain enamel.

I don't know how the hell they think that doing a French polish takes the same amount of time as a normal.

Anyway i can't find a decent white polish. All the ones i've tried need at least 3 coats to look opaque/non-streaky, and i don't have time to apply 3 coats with time to dry inbetween!
All the whites i've tried also seem to take forever to dry, which obviously isn't good. Not only does it make my job more difficult, but the client is going to mess her tips up as soon as she touches anything.

I've heard the OPI alpine snow is quite thick, and i find it difficult to apply a thick polish on French tips, i can only use a thin polish. I've heard the Essie whites are good, but take ages to dry/possibly streaky.

I just can't seem to find a white with none of these problems. Is white always just difficult to work with?

(I won't even start on finding a decent pink, i bought Pinking of You OPI after hearing it recommended for a French, and the pink is so strong it just turns the white tips pink on the first coat! No idea how anyone could use that shade for a French)

I highly recommend Essie's Marshmallow. I have really good luck with it and it is a very forgiving white polish. HTH and best of luck! :)

What about using a thicker white to get one coat coverage then using a gel brush & nail fresh to tidy up? Xx

Latest posts

Back