French White Tips....Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denise8593

Reaction score
Hey there....I am a student in the states scouring the nail tech boards looking for an answer to this problem I am having....

When applying acrylic to myself I use the pink acrylic with white french tips with a clear overlay.....I know I know in doing the searches everyone is like learn to do a smile line and I can do smile lines on other people mediocre (like I said still learning) but on myself forget about it....there is no way humanly possible for me to get that on my own fingers and I like the look of the permanent french cause between school and work my nails get so trashed that polishing them has just become pointless at this point....

Now with that being said I apply the tips with pink acrylic then do my pink then apply the clear on the tip and over the pink....Now what winds up happening is this. When I look at the nail prior to filing I am getting a lovely spat, love handle, fan out look in that once we get to where the tip starts on out to the free edge they keep getting wider and wider and wider. I HATE this look so I then whip out the drill and file and file like mad to obtain that rockin Samuel sweet tapered along the sidewalls effect. Then what winds up happening is not only have I filed off all the product I applied but then filed into the tip in and of itself....

So my question I pose is....How exactly are you supposed to file a french white tip along the sides/sidewalls without ruining the crisp look of the white tip and or destroying the corners of your smile line. Where exactly on the tip in and of itself are you filing so that way when its adhered to the nail and product is applied you dont end up with this horrific nightmare on your fingertip that you have to file for two hours to get the shape you want. Or maybe should I place the tip really low along the free edge of my nail...I kinda somewhat place the tip a bit high on the nail bed so that way the perm french lasts longer cause since I have short nail beds to begin with I would have to be doing a soak off and redo like every 4 weeks which is a pain in the butt.

Thank you all so much for any information and/or helpful hints you can share....and thanks for being patient with my long read

Denise

I cant do smile lines on my own nails to save my life! Whoops not ment to say that but hey im only human! I use white tips, applied with adhesive, apply pink acrylic over the whole nail bed and tip, 6 weeks later, wear a dark varnish to cover them up, 6 weeks later, take them off and start all over again! Talk about lazy!

To cut the well area down on a white tip, you can use a file, held parrallel to the well and it takes the well down but keeps the smile line, takes practice, ditched many a white tip until i got the knack.

Hi,
I cant get smile lines either with the white acrylic.
Have you not tried the pre-cut white tips?
They are soooooo much easier and faster to use.
Good luck
xXx

Denise8593 said:
Hey there....I am a student in the states scouring the nail tech boards looking for an answer to this problem I am having....

When applying acrylic to myself I use the pink acrylic with white french tips with a clear overlay.....I know I know in doing the searches everyone is like learn to do a smile line and I can do smile lines on other people mediocre (like I said still learning) but on myself forget about it....there is no way humanly possible for me to get that on my own fingers and I like the look of the permanent french cause between school and work my nails get so trashed that polishing them has just become pointless at this point....

Now with that being said I apply the tips with pink acrylic then do my pink then apply the clear on the tip and over the pink....Now what winds up happening is this. When I look at the nail prior to filing I am getting a lovely spat, love handle, fan out look in that once we get to where the tip starts on out to the free edge they keep getting wider and wider and wider. I HATE this look so I then whip out the drill and file and file like mad to obtain that rockin Samuel sweet tapered along the sidewalls effect. Then what winds up happening is not only have I filed off all the product I applied but then filed into the tip in and of itself....

So my question I pose is....How exactly are you supposed to file a french white tip along the sides/sidewalls without ruining the crisp look of the white tip and or destroying the corners of your smile line. Where exactly on the tip in and of itself are you filing so that way when its adhered to the nail and product is applied you dont end up with this horrific nightmare on your fingertip that you have to file for two hours to get the shape you want. Or maybe should I place the tip really low along the free edge of my nail...I kinda somewhat place the tip a bit high on the nail bed so that way the perm french lasts longer cause since I have short nail beds to begin with I would have to be doing a soak off and redo like every 4 weeks which is a pain in the butt.

Thank you all so much for any information and/or helpful hints you can share....and thanks for being patient with my long read

Denise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back