Fresh cut ends, how to make them go away

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarpicker

Reaction score
Hey I'm a dude first off. In my 20's. I am not a proffessional stylist or anything like that. But I do keep my hair pretty long. Always past my shoulders all the way to past my nipples.

But eventually always a time comes when I must cut it. I hate it but hey. My thing is I hate the way my hair looks with a fresh cut. I cut it myself. I even cut layers in it to. Its really thick amd wavy/curly.

However when it grows out after
5-8 months it starts to look better. Cool and wispy. How do you achieve this without waiting for natural growth/breakage. Its cool if thats the only way.

Heres a quick general idea of what my hair is like. This is Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin. The first is frsh cut me, but mines a little longer. The second is after its grown for a while. You can also google Robert Plant 1969,1970,1971 1972 to see what I mean.

led-zeppelin-lz001ja.jpg

Mine is sort of like this but longer and has an even fresher cut look.

24pkivp.jpg

After is grows this how the ends to start to look.

You cut it yourself or I understood wrong?

First... Go to a professional. : )
Second... I understand it is subjective what cool looks like. For me are the ends on the second pic looking dry and in bad condition-but its a bad pic, I cant tell from just a pic. You dont want to have hair in a bad condition though-care for it with hair masks and good leave ins (if your hair is curly like on the pics), cut it every 3 months!. The look of the second pic is strongly affected by the length also. When curls are shorter, they are bouncier. The longer they grow, the more they stretch. Also : styling products! You can acheave a lot with a combo of a good leave in and the right styling gel or mousse and technique. Just go to a good profi to show you. And grow your hair out (I would say 10 cm?), so that when you go out from the alon next time, you end up with the length of the second pic. Maybe they cut a lot, because your hair is very dry and broken when you go for a cut after 8 months...

Good luck!

P,.s. I forgot also: in addition to letting your hair grow a bit, I think you can acheave your second pic look when the hairdresser thins out the hair in the right places (just a little).

Latest posts

Back