Friend In Pain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdnails

Reaction score
Hi-ya every1

Had a visit from a friend 2day & with her came a horror story.
Her friend had a set of nails put on at a salon in our local town. (wont mention any names). Apparently shes had them on since febuary, goes every so often 4 infill,(always done with a drill) never had any problem with them (NEVER lost 1). The lady planned 2 go & get a new set put on this week as she said they were yellowing but the unfortunate happened.
The lady owns a pub & was moving crates & ripped 2 of her nails off along with her nail plates. My friend said she was screaming in agony. The nails are only attached now at the cuticle, she has put a plaster over them & is expecting them to reattach to the nail bed.
Im worried that infection is going to set in if she doesn't get them looked at properly.
Also have a funny feeling mma has been used to course that much damage.
Can any1 tell me if there is anything this lady can do as far as any kind of action against the salon. I know it would be very hard 4 her 2 prove it has been used but surly it must be worth a phone call 2 trading standards.
If mma is the course of this, using this product carnt be allowed to go on anymore. Any advice would b great cheers j x

hi , oh my god the poor woman, that sounds horriffic!!, i think geeg or sam would have the best advice regarding the suspected mma, i am sure they will be able to tell you something, hope your friend feels better soon, take care love dee

OUCH!:eek: That sounds terrible. Wish I could give some advice. How about TCP, dab it on to keep clean.

Thats terrible it must have been extremley painfull! :cry: Brings tears to my eyes.

God I know how she feels - I shattered my nail on Sunday with a hammer!!!.

The acrylic is still on the nail (it is a brand new enhancement) but is in pieces (no one is going near it yet!!).

My nail bed and finger is black and bruised and swollen - I too am wondering if I should got to the doctor.

Hey ho all in the name of vanity!!

Heidi

:!: SHE MUST GET THESE BROKEN ONES LOOKED @ BY SOMEONE IN THE MEDICAL PROFESSION, OTHERWISE SHE'S SERIOUSLY RISKING INFECTION!!! :!:

Ohmygod it sounds sooo painful! :cry: As much as we can't be completely sure that MMA is involved in this particular case, I have seen similar damage as a result of MMA. Unfortunately tho I'm pretty sure that the use of MMA in the UK is still not subject to the same level of regulation as it is in the US. :sad:

I know that Chocolate (K-Sa-Ra's Rachel Myatt) set up an online petition calling for a UK ban against the use of MMA in nail technology :cool: and would urge every single one of you to visit her site and sign the petition straight away... it makes me so mad that unsuspecting people have to go through pain like this and that the rest of us get tarred with the same brush!! :mad: Hmmmnn...!! :evil:

jdnails said:
Also have a funny feeling mma has been used to course that much damage.
Can any1 tell me if there is anything this lady can do as far as any kind of action against the salon. I know it would be very hard 4 her 2 prove it has been used but surly it must be worth a phone call 2 trading standards.
If mma is the course of this, using this product carnt be allowed to go on anymore. Any advice would b great cheers j x

It would be impossible to make a charge against the salon for any misdemeanor as they have not done anything wrong. MMA is not a banned substance in the UK and the salon is entitled to use it. The lady had an accident ... not the fault of the salon.
A doctor should have a look at the nails to insure that they are dressed properly and kept sanitary.

geeg said:
It would be impossible to make a charge against the salon for any misdemeanor as they have not done anything wrong. MMA is not a banned substance in the UK and the salon is entitled to use it. The lady had an accident ... not the fault of the salon.
A doctor should have a look at the nails to insure that they are dressed properly and kept sanitary.
Hiya,
Yes unfortunitley MMA is not banned in this country so basically there is nothing you can do if a salon is using it:rolleyes:
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back