Fringe trims

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyvictoria

Reaction score
Ladies and gentleman, I have come to the conclusion that I am Some sort of ****ing wierdo. It must be me, surely??? Otherwise why do I keep attracting these crazy clients??? There for I am the wierdo, and everyone else is normal. Went to do a fringe trim today, she lives round the back from me so didnt mind walking over there after work armed with my scissors and Comb. Turned up and she was 10 mins late. I waited patiently .turned up I said hello and she was swearing and going at her sister walked into her kitchen with her, which then she informed me that she hasn't brushed her hair in a week, the whole underneith is dreadlocked and matted could I brush it out for her. No joke I was there for 30 mins brushing her hair getting all the knots out. Then she told me she wanted a full fringe put in, when she informed me before hand that she wanted a fringe trim on her side fringe? And I couldn't increase the price because when she text me and booked me I said 3.50 as I didn't have to drive anywhere. When in fact I was there for The best part of 40 to 45 minutes.
I'm actually thinking of giving all this up, I'm fed up of being treated like a complete and utter mug.

Why did you brush all the underneath out if you only went to do a fringe trim? :-/

I would suggest if you always text your clients with prices, to say Please note the price I quote is subject to me seeing your hair and that the job you ask for when I get there is what I quote for.

Then you can change the price.

Or say price no more than £xx subject to a full consultation with me and assessing what you need.

Give people an inch and they'll take a mile.

I would suggest if you always text your clients with prices, to say Please note the price I quote is subject to me seeing your hair and that the job you ask for when I get there is what I quote for.

Then you can change the price.

Or say price no more than £xx subject to a full consultation with me and assessing what you need.

Give people an inch and they'll take a mile.

Agreed. All you did was quote, and a price quoted for 5 minutes turning into 3/4 of a hour is expected to be more xoxo

I would have said that it's nit what you quoted for and £xyz is what it will cost and not touch the hair if she is not happy, it's your time she still need to pay for

I hate when people ask for cut and finish and ends up as a restyle so I just tell them straight before I start (lucky I allow space between clients as I walk to most of them if it could screw me up)

All you needed to say was either, no I dont have time, or yes thats fine and charge more. If she quibbled the price, you just needed to say that £3.50 was for a fringe trim that takes 10-15 mins and you were there for 45 mins so the price reflects that.

I know its difficult sometimes, but you need to stand your ground, otherwise clients will take you for granted and expect the world.
x

Well it was matted all Underneith, and Towards the front where I would of been cutting as she had put it all into a 'messy' pony tail. I normally charge £5 for fringe trims as I have to travel etc. but because she lived round the back I said 3.50 because I didn't have to drive anywhere. I think I will mention that in future though. That its a quote and is liable to change. I just don't understand why I'm attracting such wierd and stindgy clients?! Is it because I'm Charging too cheap maybe? I was so angry earlier you should of seen me combing her hair out I'm suprised she had a hair left on her head!! Xxx

Thanks for all your replies. I'm such a walk over. I have toughened up over the last few months though. Like with people trying to barter with my prices! Especially family they are the WORST!! I charge £15 for a cut £20 for a restyle. So when I quote someone £15 lol they normally come out with, could you do it for a tenner instead? I don't think so lol xxx

Well it was matted all Underneith, and Towards the front where I would of been cutting as she had put it all into a 'messy' pony tail. I normally charge £5 for fringe trims as I have to travel etc. but because she lived round the back I said 3.50 because I didn't have to drive anywhere. I think I will mention that in future though. That its a quote and is liable to change. I just don't understand why I'm attracting such wierd and stindgy clients?! Is it because I'm Charging too cheap maybe? I was so angry earlier you should of seen me combing her hair out I'm suprised she had a hair left on her head!! Xxx

Lol, you might be one of the normal people, and everyone else is crazy so that's why it seems you attract them haha.
What are your prices for some things. Xoxo

Haha perhaps your right!!! It just well and truly amazes me ! But I just can't believe that there's so many weirdos out there like it. I know I'm slagging off my clients but enough is enough, people not paying up and bartering my prices and then pulling antics like oh I haven't brushed my hair in a week could you spend an hour detangling it for me... Grr lol!

Here's a few, i did a bit of research into other salons pricelists and it seemed ok for my area as I'm in Somerset and I wanted to be a little cheaper than the top end salons

Full head of foils
Short hair £35
long hair £40

Half head
£25 short hair
£30 long hair

Foils and colour inbetween
short hair £45
Long hair £50

Full head tint
short hair £25
Long hair £30

Short hair I class shoulder length and above.

Try not to feel too bad about being taken for a ride. It's happens to the best of us!

May I suggest that you tell all prospective clients that you are happy to provide an estimate for the service and that you will be able to confirm the final price when you complete the consultation.

Also, try to use the word estimate rather than quote as legally, a quotation usually means a confirmed price and not subject to change.

I wouldn't comb the hair if your just going to do the fringe and it is very cheap I'm a student and I don't charge that lol

Haha perhaps your right!!! It just well and truly amazes me ! But I just can't believe that there's so many weirdos out there like it. I know I'm slagging off my clients but enough is enough, people not paying up and bartering my prices and then pulling antics like oh I haven't brushed my hair in a week could you spend an hour detangling it for me... Grr lol!

Here's a few, i did a bit of research into other salons pricelists and it seemed ok for my area as I'm in Somerset and I wanted to be a little cheaper than the top end salons

Full head of foils
Short hair £35
long hair £40

Half head
£25 short hair
£30 long hair

Foils and colour inbetween
short hair £45
Long hair £50

Full head tint
short hair £25
Long hair £30

If put your prices up by £5 but your not so cheap to be getting people wanting it for next to nothing. Xoxo

Thiago believe me, if you saw what her hair was like ..... You would of combed it too.her hair was all matted together mainly underneith but she she had her side fringe in the high ponytail and when I took the ponytail out the hair stayed in the same place as If she still had the elastic band in

I think That's a good idea about putting prices up a fiver. Will have to have a giggle around with my pricelist this week. Yeah it is pretty cheap but salons down here are quite alot cheaper than the salons in London Manchester Liverpool etc. especially as I'm in a small market town as well. How much do you charge thiago? Xxx
Are you in the city or live in the stigs like me?!

lol!

Thanks AcidPerm. I feel a bit better now about It but the last few months its just been one problem after another lol ! Thanks for listening to me moan about it though haha! i will use the term estimate. Might make up some terms and conditions on the back of my pricelists Xxx

Oh yeah I didn't tell you! You won't believe this lol! whilst I was sorting out the matted mess I placed my scissors on the table that she was sat next to in the kitchen. She picked up my scissors and I was like please don't drop them they are my favorite and she put them back down and I moved them a bit further away from her, I then went into my bag to get some porosity spray hoping that would help detangle the mess and as soon as I turned back round she was cutting up her hair band with my scissors!!!
I could of cried!! Lucky I got some new ones coming for Christmas lol! Xxx

Oh yeah I didn't tell you! You won't believe this lol! whilst I was sorting out the matted mess I placed my scissors on the table that she was sat next to in the kitchen. She picked up my scissors and I was like please don't drop them they are my favorite and she put them back down and I moved them a bit further away from her, I then went into my bag to get some porosity spray hoping that would help detangle the mess and as soon as I turned back round she was cutting up her hair band with my scissors!!!
I could of cried!! Lucky I got some new ones coming for Christmas lol! Xxx

Wow, I would have been tempted to scream at her if she'd done that with my scissors.......I don't think people realise how much these things cost! As for your prices you definitely need to put them up because once you deduct your petrol & products used you will be working for very little pay!xxx

Like I said before, I'm suprised she had any hair left attached to her head by the time I finished brushing it out!was fuming! I'm sending them off to be sharpened next week but I got some new ones coming for Christmas thank god. Yeah will deffo put my prices up and possibly launch them for the new year.New year new start hey, and hopefully new normal clientele! Xxx

we get one of these every 2months or so, same client. She'll call up say i want my fringe done- you allocate the time then she wants it all done " ends trimed" basically a cut. (if we have the time slot available we'll do it). either way even our receptionist know that we actually have to book in a cutting time slot- she has very long hair. So while doing your consultation, a fringe trim is £5 you then state that its more of a wet cut so it be £xx amount. client is made aware of time scale of last appointment. At the end of the day your the professional and if you think its more work, or deemed more of your time then charge for it. please use this phrase! "Prices are subjected to change without notice." xoxo

Latest posts

Back