From full head bleach highlights to all over bleach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellylill

Reaction score
I have a client who I've been full head highlighting for a while, the last couple of times it was just bleach in the foils where as before that there was a couple of darker blondes in there and about 6 months ago it was ombré so there's still a slight band where that has grown out. Now she wants to go full head bleach and I'm not sure on the best way to do it? Do I back to back highlight first to pick out the slightly darker pieces then rinse and apply at roots? Or do I apply at roots and just try to visually pick out the darker pieces?
Been qualified for 10 years but I don't remember doing this when I was in the salon as I try to put me clients off having a full head of bleach!

Hey, I've done this before and had the same problem, personally did a root tint using the bleach and then did a 'bleach bath' on the ends when washing and it brought the ends and any odd bits of random highlights that had been left right out, then I just popped on a nice toner and it was perfect and even 👌 hope that helps xxx

Thanks for your reply. I think I will do that as I think back to back highlights plus retouch will take forever!

Ive always wondered about this. So the dark bits lifted up to the same colour? I cant imagine it lol x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

hiya i would just treat it as a normal tint and also i have found a lovely bleach its called freeze lights or somethin along those lines and its actually for on scalp application, no tingling and a lovely consistancy x
plz excuse my spelling i no its awfull.:o

Hey, I've done this before and had the same problem, personally did a root tint using the bleach and then did a 'bleach bath' on the ends when washing and it brought the ends and any odd bits of random highlights that had been left right out, then I just popped on a nice toner and it was perfect and even 👌 hope that helps xxx

I can't imagine getting an even result this way. I picture white where the bleach has overlapped pre existing highlights and orange and gold pieces through out. Id take my time, foil out the dark bits and lift them, then while they are processing, do the retouch on the new growth. It will take more time, but you'll be a lot less likely to melt your clients hair!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Agree with @tsparker. Pick out the pieces in length you need to lighten and address those either through foils or balayage.

I definitely would not drag lightener through the whole lengths. I do a lot of full global blondes. Root touch ups with lightener and toner every 6 weeks. Once you get used to it, it's really fun! xx.

With this sort of high maintenance hair, the blonde never, ever stays perfect for months on end. So maybe every 6 months I'll notice some darker pieces on length. They aren't super dark, but it's noticeable. After applying lightener to roots, I'll let that develop about 20 minutes and then paint lightener directly on dark areas and let develop in open air.

But it really depends how dark the pieces you are working with and how many levels need to be lifted. Best bet would be to foil those lengths if you need a lot of lift.

Latest posts

Back