From full head blonde back to highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delia21

Reaction score
Hello, everybody, I have been reading so many useful posts in here (thank you all!) and finally decided to ask a question. I am not a hair-pro, just a hairstyling/haircoloring fanatic :D. My natural haircolor is a medium brown (I would say a 6 or even 7), have been dyeing it blonde (full head) with a high lift color for 2 years now. Years ago, I had bleached blonde highlights and loved them, then got dark, got bored and got back to blonde (full head dye). I am currently a light ash blonde and do the root touch ups every 2-3 months or so (not very often, I don't mind the darker roots showing at all). Recently I have gotten a sudden desire to go back to highlights since IMO they look more natural. My hairdresser thinks it would be possible to get them done w. high lift only. But somehow, I can't imagine how it would look!! I would try it out at my next root touch up. Would it make it sense to get only highlights this time around while the rest of the hair is still fully blonde? I can't seem to find any pics or infos regarding this full blonde to highlights reversal. Is it even possible? has anyone tried it, esp. w.out bleaching and not adding a darker color? Thank you so much in advance!

Everything is possible. It just depends on how talented your hairdresser is. :)

It can be done, hopefully your hairdresser will have the knowledge and skill x

Latest posts

Back