From medium golden brown to medium ashy brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilbambam

Reaction score
Greetings from Bulgaria!

I want become a proffesional hair colorist. Here in Bulgaria I want to open a little shop for an only proffesional products but I am still in the very beggining of learning and I'm afraid that my teacher is not a good one. This is not a problem for now because there are many courses from which I can choose. But Now my problem is that I really messed up my own hair color and I cannot find a way out so I desperately need your proffesional help. :confused:
Six months ago I went from Blue Black to Dark Red Mohoganny with one time hair decolorant and after that I started a very slow proccess of lightening with professional blond dyes and color correctives. For couple of months I used 8.2 Macadamia proffesional dye and 9.1 Christian of Roma proffesional dye with 30 vol. and with an extra green corrective but in the end I turned orangey and brassy red. Even with green corrective I couldn't remove the strong brassyness and redish tones. So then, My colorist teacher told me to put a grey based ashy 6.1 with 20 vol. to cover all the orange but I turned Dark/Medium Golden Brown (on my avatar it shows) and still brassy and very warm which is really really not my goal. My goal is to return my natural color, (oh well ok the closest to my natural color) which is Cold Medium Ash Brown or Cold Light Ash Brown (I'm not sure) This is it -
b0e2af0e46bd3bfaf60de3c5936e1386.jpg
ANd one more
3b1bbad1f98bbc851c93a975abf05913.jpg

So Can you help me to achieve this color? Should I do a mild bleach bath and how exactly should I do it? I was thinking about doing it with clear shampoo and bleach powder till it removes all brassy tones but I'm afraid that it wouldn't be so easy and maybe it should be done at least two times because I used only permanent dyes. I don't know :confused: And if I do this how can I find and determine a proffesional dye with this exact color and cold tone? I'll really appreciate a little help from you, because I really want to learn everything about coloring but I'm a little bit stuck on this one I mean on my own one :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back