From salon to home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelLynch

Reaction score
I posted last week about things going missing from my beauty room, I took all my polishes and shellac home and have come in to find a bottle of spray tan has been stolen!

I'm sick of been here now and I'm moving house at the end of the month, I'm thinking of moving my salon to my home but don't know of its a good idea.

I had my room nearly a year now so have a few regular clients that keep coming back to me and I don't think they Will mind following me as its only 25 minutes from we're I am now.

Does anyone think I should do this or ride it out were I am now (bare in mind I'm not happy)

Thanks xx

Hi hun

Have you spoken to the owner and/or members of staff about this? When youre not there do clients have unaccompanied access to your room.

I understand how you feel, it must make working there upsetting. None of your products are cheap but even if they were, its that feeling you get. All i can say to you lovey is if you havent spoken to the owner and staff imho i really think you should before you make that decision. Dont let a pathetic thief drive you out of your place of work. If it is a client then the meeting if nothing else will hopefully keep other staff vigilant. If its staff (and i really hope it isnt) then this meeting may be enough to stop their sticky fingers.

Good luck honey and keep us posted. X x x

Thanks for your response

I spoke to the owner when the first thing went missing and all she could say was oh well not like they can use the shellac, I'm sorry but that's not the point, the point is it been stolen, then I told her about the second thing going missing and she said miss placed it, yet I used it on my mum before I went and she saw me put it back on the stand.

This had only happened since her new Saturday girl has started now I'm not blaming her just think its strange.

I carnt see it been 3 different clients in 3 weeks taking things.

Very disheartening :( x

If you are renting a room, ask the owner if they mind you putting a lock on the door. At least when you are not there nobody can get in and use your stuff. I had the same but I rent a space so can't do anything but take my stuff home with me. I'm thinking about getting my own place now.

If you are renting a room, ask the owner if they mind you putting a lock on the door. At least when you are not there nobody can get in and use your stuff. I had the same but I rent a space so can't do anything but take my stuff home with me. I'm thinking about getting my own place now.

She's not happy about me putting a lock on my room, I feel I need to leave but kind of scared to x

She's not happy about me putting a lock on my room, I feel I need to leave but kind of scared to x

i am feeling the same way but for different reasons to yours. its awful to be stolen from. it is a scary thought to take that plunge. i hope you get sorted for the better one way or another. being happy at work counts for a lot. can i also say the salon owner seems to have a very flippant attitude to the fact she has a possible thief in her employment. good luck hunny xxx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

Ok so she's not happy for you to have a lock - you can say to her that was fine while there wasn't a problem but now I have a problem I need a lock. You can claim you've checked your insurance to recoup lost items and they require it. That will show her that you're taking it seriously as theft.

And I'm sorry I wouldn't buy the 'miss-placed' it excuse. If I used that with my manager it would be the weakest thing ever. Come on how often have you lost something that's never even left a room.

I'd be firm hon, difficult though it is you're not just doing this for a hobby!!! Xx

Ashanicole i hope everything is ok for you as well, i know what you mean she seems not interested at all!

PixieBeauty thats a good idea im going to say i have checked with them, exactly i mean its my room and only i go in it and obv clients but i know i havent missplaced it because even my mum saw me put it on, i hope its not her taking my things!!

I feel its time i need to move from were i am, i love the location im in at the moment but i wanna be happy with my work x

If she won't let you have a lock on your room, then how about getting a cupboard for the room with a lock on it so you can lock you stuff away at the end of each day? She's being pretty unreasonable if you ask me and I bet she'd take action if it was her stuff being pinched!! :(

Latest posts

Back