From silver to a red brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amaliw

Reaction score
Hi! I havent done many big colortransformations on long hair, so I feel like consulting a bit. My client had very bleached long hair with a nice silver tint and wanted deep brown with red or plum in it. I am not certain if I should have pre-pigmented first, I decided not to because I thought the bleached hair would be so pourous it might become too dark.
So I used L'Oréal Inoa colors. Regrowth: 20g 5+30g 5.62+15g 5.26. Lengths: mixed in what was left of regrowth color 50g 5.62+15g 5.26+20g 6.52. I wanted to use a more intense red brown, but these were the only colors I had available atm. At the sink the lengths looked transparent purple and way too light. I went over it at the sink with DiaRichesse 4.62 (deep red pink) and 5, let it work for 20 minutes. It changed to the better by far! But stil not quite right. I told her beforehand that it would take 2-3 services before the color would stay in her hair and not fade really quick due to the bleach.
Any advice you can give me on how to procede and what I should have done different are very welcome! I really want to learn all I can from this.

Ps. The before picture is not her, but quite similar in tone

image.jpeg

Honestly, that's not a bad result, but you should have pre-pigmented hair. You ended up sort of doing that anyway. I almost feel like the best route would be a true semi. I used to do that when going from bleach back to dark red.

I would have cleansed the ash our first and then pre pigged with dia light 6.34 + 6 vol and then I would have gone in with either the new majirel reds or used richesse. In my experience when I've used INOA in a colour change like this the results are not as good as using majirel or richesse , INOA is more transparent.
I think your problem is the lack of pre pig and also using INOA instead of a semi or if not using a semi at least the majirel red

Thanks! I have to agree, it was a strange thing to not pre pigment first. And also using a semi I think it would have been less transparent.. But you say you would have used 6.34- and I agree with .34, but when I was considering it I was thinking a 7, just because I thought first a 6. and then a 5, it might pull too dark? But again, I have very little experience with pre-pigmentation so I am sure you are right, just curious as to why the bleached hair, especially the ends, doesn't turn black.

You could just go straight over that with the target shade in a semi now & it will be perfect, why would think the hair would turn black?

Thanks! I have to agree, it was a strange thing to not pre pigment first. And also using a semi I think it would have been less transparent.. But you say you would have used 6.34- and I agree with .34, but when I was considering it I was thinking a 7, just because I thought first a 6. and then a 5, it might pull too dark? But again, I have very little experience with pre-pigmentation so I am sure you are right, just curious as to why the bleached hair, especially the ends, doesn't turn black.

When pre pigging with dia light these are the shades loreal say to use

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 17
Would pre pigging with the. 34 and then after a richesse not come out very warm?? Question I keep asking myself, would u usually add a tad of base?

Latest posts

Back