Frustrated: Client Lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roseblanc

Reaction score
Morning Ladies,

I need some advice. I have a new client who came to me last week - she explained to me that the old salons she went to - she used to always get lifting. Didn't matter what type of service she got, they always lifted within the first week, at the time she came to see me she had acrylic enhancements. She asked (more like insisted) that I remove the acrylic and replace them with Gel. So I did.

This morning she called me to tell me that she has lifting again. I was very careful with my prep, and made sure none of the product touched the skin. I almost never have lifting with any of my other clients anymore, so I'm assuming it's not me, but the client. I know she is on a medication for high blood pressure (not sure of the name of it however) - could this be causing her lifting?

It's frustrating for both her and I because she can't keep them from lifting (doesn't matter where she goes or what type of enhancement she has) and its killer for me because it makes me feel inadequate.

Can anyone shed some light on what options I have here and / or what can I advise my client to do (if anything). She loves her nails and will be devistated if there is little I can do for her. I really need your help geeks!!

I have the same problem with my BFF! No matter what I put on her nails, they lift. Prep is good, product is good, application is good...it doesn't matter. All I get is lift, lift and more lift!

Then I remember she's on insulin and it dawns on me (FINALLY) that could be the problem. I think certain meds can effect how enhancements hold up.

Best of luck to you! :)

When a client tells you she always gets liftimg it should be a RED flag to you. :!:

Make no promises. There are usually reasons.
Bad health
Medication
plain old incompatability

She may just have to put up with it (she obviously has been). Enhancments may not be for her.

how long does it take for the lifting to occur?
could she come in weekly for a tidy of her nails and to remove lifting and reseal them?

Hi!
How frustrating for you!
What are her nails like? I saw you use Ez flow and IBD, maybe a more flexible gel would work? I have two clients with very flexible nails who keeps Bio Sculpture on beatifully,
maybe she can try that?
Good luck!

I have one of those! L&P lifted in 3 days, gel lifted in 1 hour. I dug out my fiberglass system (haven't done those in 8 years!) and they didn't lift! They look wonderful and she is happier with them than the other two sets (they are ridiculously thin). Its been a week - so far so good!

I have an 84 year old lady who was the same - lifting with all previous techs and no surprise lifted every time with me............ she is on heart and blood pressure medication and recently thyroid meds too.

I recently went to the Le Chat play days in Northampton with Susan Loasby and thanks goodness I purchased some............... Le Chat powder gel system and it stays on her like a dream......not a nano-milimeter of lifting since a new set and 2 rebalances! Excellent!

Latest posts

Back