Frustrated-salons charging daft Shellac prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
Just seen a local salon's website.. they're charging £10 for a Shellac file and polish (no pep) and £19 for BOTH a shellac fingers and toes file and polish!

How on earth am i meant to compete with that?!!

PEP is such a crucial part of the service so why are salons so willing to omit it?

Simple answer....You don't. Your price is for quality, be confident in your work, and aim to attract clients that reflect this, not bargin hunters who won't be regular clients, educate your clients, explain how important each step is and why good pep is essential. Their nails won't last at this cheap salon. Your better than that xxxx

I am.
Whilst trying to find a positive in this situation I realised that I have the upper hand in that my clients can book evening appointments with me... ;-)

You also have the upper hand as yours will last longer xx

Every cloud :)
At the end of the day. there isn't a 'cheap' way to have it done properly. These treatments have their price for a reason. And when their shellac doesn't last from cheap salons they will go looking for someone better - like you xx

Every cloud :)
At the end of the day. there isn't a 'cheap' way to have it done properly. These treatments have their price for a reason. And when their shellac doesn't last from cheap salons they will go looking for someone better - like you xx

thank u x

i dont know how they are making money at that price! i thought me starting off at 18 in a home salon was cheap enough!

clients will come as they will know they are getting a great service from you when it last so much longer with you than it will at the cheap salon!

You'll find that they arent using CND Shellac but the cheaper knockoff version Bluesky Shellac. They will be here today & gone tomorrow...

You'll find that they arent using CND Shellac but the cheaper knockoff version Bluesky Shellac. They will be here today & gone tomorrow...

That's what I hoped but have noticed the salon owner is a friend on the local Creative Academy's Facebook page? So maybe not...

Latest posts

Back