Frustrated with lash glue problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What size room are you working in? This will make a huge difference and are you using a cooler touch lamp rather than a halogen or something similar?

Ventilation is a must with any fume producing treatment and a hot lamp will also make the situation worse by causing the glue to evaporate even quicker.

I have a feeling that it might be your room that is the problem. I work in a converted bedroom and do both acrylics and lashes in there and have never had this problem, but I do keep it ventilated well. :green:

Thank you for the advice everyone.
I have a room with two patio doors and always have the door open,
I feel it's a large converted beauty room although not as big as a beauty salon room.

I decided to do a little bit of experimenting myself Lately.....
I tried doing lashes without acrylic fumes, still had the burning sensation, then tried with, still had burning sensation.
I tied again but wiped excess glue on stone, so fumes we're further away from the nose. No burning.....
I tried again, but did it my usual method by wiping excess glue on pads under eyes, burning.....

This puzzled me a bit, so.... I tried the above technique with wiping on glue onto stone, but made sure I did acrylics this time before, I still had no burning?

I'm guessing it might be in technique of how much excess glue I'm leaving on the pads under my clients eyes?

Do you have a lot of excess glue on the lash to wipe off?

I agree that if there is a lot of excess glue on the eye pad, this COULD lead to irritation for the client.

I would suggest you try to get less glue on the lash in the first place. Once you have the hang of this you won't need to swipe the excess off. Having to do this wastes glue and takes up precious time.

When you dip the lash in the glue, pull the lash out quite quickly, you shouldn't be able to see any excess glue on the lash (or maybe just a tiny bead at the end). Just swipe on the natural lash and place.

If you can do this, you won't need to wipe the excess glue on the gel pad and I think this will really help.

I guess I do have a bit of excess, I'm overly conscious of not putting too much on, cos I hate it when the lashes stick together.

Its hard to recommend or suggest anything but if you are conscious of the lashes sticking together then its another reason for trying to have less adhesive on the extension.
When you dip or pull the extension through the adhesive you should be able to see three tiny drops on the extension, that would be enough to secure the bond if you swipe the extension onto the natural lash. We generally teach to swipe twice and place the extension the third time but other companies might use a different technique.

I think the key is not to overdue it, as that would cause unnecessary fumes and the risk of lashes sticking together as well as the adhesive possibly taking longer to set and ending up looking clumpy? It only needs a very thin layer of adhesive to create a bond so maybe try the "less is more" way of thinking?

Thank you for the advice, that's a good tip with swiping over the lash twice, I was only taught to swipe once to remove excess onto pad then place on lash.

Latest posts

Back