Frustrated with lash glue problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purebeauty2785

Reaction score
Iv been doing semi lash ext for a few years now, and always had this problem with whatever glue i use.
Whilst doing the lashes my client experiences a burning sensations down their throat. (now it dont take a genius to know this isnt normal) My clients pick up on it, and iv reassured them that its normal, but who am i kidding????

Iv tried all glues, im a fast worker so i usually need the fastest setting, which i know is more fumy, but not throat burning so.
My recent frustration was when i bought flirties glue after hearing so much good reviews, £40 later..... iv now got client complaining again!
This is a serious issue for me, as i started out busy with lashes, i have now lost 80% of my lash clientele to competition that they dont have the burning sensation.:sad:

Iv tried new glues, expensive glues, sensitive glues.
iv tried storing the glue in the fridge, at room temperature.
I always have my door open to ventilate the room
Iv tried face masks and fans!

Does anyone else have this problem? its got to be something im doing.
I do acrylic nails, i was wondering if its reacting with the fumes of the acrylic??

HELP

Are you sure it isn't the acrylic fumes that are getting to their throat. To loose 80 per cent to other people what glue are they using? I am a complete newbie at lashes have probably only done 15 sets no one has mentioned fumes or their throat as yet. I am slow though I am using the lash base glue. Maybe it would be better to slow down and use a different glue to get your customers back x

I don't think it's the strength of the glue that's the problem, as I'm sure it would be a problem for most proffessionals.
I don't have any of my nail ladies complain about the burning, only whilst doing lashes. I have my suspicions that it could be a horrible mix of fumes. Because I have one room, it's all done in there. Even though I have it ventilated.
I'm sure tho if this is the result, would not more therapists be getting this problem?

Ive never had this problem but nails are done in different area than in treatment rooms.
It does sound like the mixing of fumes tbh. What about a good extractor fan or is it at all possible to do nails either at a different time so as not to be around same time as lashes,or on a different day.
What about removing bin from the room where waste from enhancements is placed?
I know when I've used several cleaning products in the house it's caused irritation to me so it does sound like the mixing of two sets of fumes is what is causing the issue.

Iv got an extractor fan in the wall to rid fumes, although its catch 22 as it gets extremly cold quickly. It's so annoying as most of my lash lady's will have l&p done on same day. Do you do l&p and lashes aswell? X

Iv got an extractor fan in the wall to rid fumes, although its catch 22 as it gets extremly cold quickly. It's so annoying as most of my lash lady's will have l&p done on same day. Do you do l&p and lashes aswell? X

We do the lashes in treatment rooms and the nails are done at desks in reception so have no problem with the fumes.

I don't know what else to suggest really other than trying to arrange clients in at different times if you have no other place to do both treatments.

I'm sure your ladies would prefer coming on different days than not being able to have you do the treatments at all though,so hopefully a compromise can be found unless someone can think of an alternative. Good luck though x

I have this problem with a few of my clients. Some have a vague sore throat and dry mouth but on 2 occasions I have had to stop as the client is in pain. Best described to me as when you go underwater and the water goes up your nose. I use flurries expert strength glue.

Sam

I have this problem with a few of my clients. Some have a vague sore throat and dry mouth but on 2 occasions I have had to stop as the client is in pain. Best described to me as when you go underwater and the water goes up your nose. I use flurries expert strength glue.

Sam

Sorry should say flurties!

I use flirties expert strength and I get sore throat from the fumes but only if I've done a few sets in one day. My clients have never complained of this? I now put a small bowl of water next to stone with glue on as the water absorbs the fumes and I no longer get this.

Sam

Do you do acrylics in the same room? C

I use flirties expert strength and I get sore throat from the fumes but only if I've done a few sets in one day. My clients have never complained of this? I now put a small bowl of water next to stone with glue on as the water absorbs the fumes and I no longer get this.

Il have to try that idea, I did try something out on my full set lady yesterday, it had been 3 hours from doing any l&p, then instead of wiping excess glue onto pad I wiped it on stone. She didn't experience any fumes. Now I'm not sure which of the two may have helped
How does everyone else get rid of excess glue?

From what you are describing i am confident that it has nothing to do with the adhesive. We have head of watering eyes if the client is sensitive or if the adhesive is kept too close to the clients head and there is drafts in the room and for those cases we would normally recommend the odour and fumefree adhesive as that has been developed especially for sensitive clients.

What you are describing sounds a bit bizarre and i would agree with the others that it might have to do with a combination of the fumes from the acrylics with the fumes? i will have a word with the lab and find out if they have ever heard of this before and let you know what i can find out if that helps?

Thank you, that really helps. Iv used cheaper brands in the past and always blamed it on that fact. But when trying flirties I saw a massive improvement with the time people were going between treatment. So I'm sure you can understand my frustration when it started up again.
X

For those ladies that have l&p and lashes done the same day, do the lashes first too :) hope u get the problem sorted hun xxx

Thank you, that really helps. Iv used cheaper brands in the past and always blamed it on that fact. But when trying flirties I saw a massive improvement with the time people were going between treatment. So I'm sure you can understand my frustration when it started up again.
X
Of course i understand the frustration its just bizarre as i have never heard this before with any of our trainers, salons or customers. i have already dropped the lab a mail and will follow it up tomorrow to see if we can shed some light on this.

Hi

I also work from one room and do L&p, Spray Tanning with a fixed extractor machine have two windows and a fume extractor. In December I had a problem with an annoying cough and someone recommended a small bowl of water in the room. My cough went and I also do lashes and recently switched to Flirties expert strength glue for regular clients, Noveau lash pro 5 for senstive and express and my irritation has gone. Never had the throat problem tho? hope you get it sorted try the dish of water!

ive done lashes for 2years now and i have to say ive never had that problem, however maybe look at getting an air purifier for your room? sorry cant be more help ;)

X

I have just heard back from the lab and as i assumed there seems to be a connection to the acrylic fumes.....I know it probably doesnt help much other than knowing it cant be the adhesives as you have had the same problem with the odour free one?
[FONT=&quot]
Acrylic fumes can cause headaches, dizziness, nausea & irritation so mixed with our adhesive odour could well have this type of effect.
Some customers will sensitize more than others.

They need to ensure that they keep acrylic products stored correctly as well.

Put the lids back on as soon as they have used the products. Don't leave them open to the air allowing more fumes.
Make sure that any waste that has any acrylic on it is not left open in a bin as this will cause fumes.

I would say that the acrylic nails products is a lot stronger in odour than our adhesive products so there is a very good chance that this may be the cause.

Never had this before from anyone so I would say it points to the acrylic, not enough ventilation, air movement. Especially if the salon is small.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Plus your customer states that this has happened with low odour grades which would be either very unlikely indeed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It all points to the acrylic.

[/FONT]

Thank you do much for your help, I feel relieved that it isn't the glue, iv also tried doing less glue wiping on the eye pad, and more on the jade stone, this seems to be helping too.

Brilliant, i am glad that its helping and if there is anything else you need please feel free to give me a shout!

Thank you do much for your help, I feel relieved that it isn't the glue, iv also tried doing less glue wiping on the eye pad, and more on the jade stone, this seems to be helping too.

Latest posts

Back