Fsb ???????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princessstacie

Reaction score
:eek:Hi everyone,
I have a rep from the fsb coming to see me tomorrow afternoon but im a bit confused as to what,or how they are going to help me?
When i spoke to a lady to book the appointment she sounded more like a sales person and wanting to sell me something rather than provide me with a service.:irked:
So my real question is should i join? and is it worth it? x x x
Thanks x x:hug:

:eek:Hi everyone,
I have a rep from the fsb coming to see me tomorrow afternoon but im a bit confused as to what,or how they are going to help me?
When i spoke to a lady to book the appointment she sounded more like a sales person and wanting to sell me something rather than provide me with a service.:irked:
So my real question is should i join? and is it worth it? x x x
Thanks x x:hug:
I was a member for 2 years and asked for help and advice only once in that time. It was a legal advice query. I was told that they were NOT there to "take up the gauntlet" on my behalf, although legal advice and insurance cover for legal problems was part of the sales pitch.
Needless to say, I hastily removed myself from the £100+ sub per year.
I was disgusted with the way I was spoken to by the FSB team when I spoke to their legal department.

Although I found the sales pitch very friendly and convincing.....I paid £130 to join and never used it once. I also know someone who called the legal help and they couldn't help.

Nice people but not worth the money. You can get so much free banking etc nowadays that I really don't see the benefit of paying out that money. xxx
Ps. Yes, the reps that sell to you are on commission and are sales people.

looks as though my suspiscions were correct then! When i called them to see what advice or info they could give me the lady just kept reeling off about a cheap debit/credit card machine and free business banking, she didnt really explain to me what they were actually there for or their actuall purpose! this is what got me suspicious!
Thanks for you help and advice guys.:hug:
xxxxxxx

you can use their forums for free.

Can i just say, wait till you've spoken to the rep yourself and make your own mind up. I am a member and i think it's worth it just for peace of mind.

It all depends of your business circumstances of course. They cover you for employee dispute, tax investigations etc, there is the added benefit of reduced charges on credit card machines/bank accounts etc, for business that do a large amount of retail from their website they do a huge reduction on parcel delivery charges and loads more.

I'm not a rep, and have nothing to gain from promoting them. I know others on this site that are members. I agree they are not for everyone, but it doesn't hurt to speak to the rep yourself and see if it can benefit your individual business.

Can i just say, wait till you've spoken to the rep yourself and make your own mind up. I am a member and i think it's worth it just for peace of mind.

It all depends of your business circumstances of course. They cover you for employee dispute, tax investigations etc, there is the added benefit of reduced charges on credit card machines/bank accounts etc, for business that do a large amount of retail from their website they do a huge reduction on parcel delivery charges and loads more.

I'm not a rep, and have nothing to gain from promoting them. I know others on this site that are members. I agree they are not for everyone, but it doesn't hurt to speak to the rep yourself and see if it can benefit your individual business.

My sentiments exactly Lisa, I also have peace of mind, I prefer the Co Op way of banking and will be changing over soon. The newsletters are really interesting and the card termianl discounts are good. To be honest there are a lot of benefits I may not use, but IMO well worth the £10 per month

Sorry to sound a bit thick but what is FSB?

Federation of Small Businesses

hth's

Im glad I joined as am saving at least 3 times the cost of joining in banking charges, so for me that was worth it in itself.

I also think it was well worth it. When I signed up I received a discounted phone line (BT wanted £130 +vat) just to install the line, I also get discounts on telephone and internet bills. I also had the card terminal installed.

My thoughts exactly, I'm a member and although I have only had a few queries, they have always been extremely helpful and it's great for an added peace of mind xx

Last edited by a moderator:
well.... a man called ewan came round and we had a nice long and detailed chat about the benefits of becoming a fsb member and have signed up.
At the moment iknow i wont be using all of the benefits that come with it but i do peace of mind that i have the legal help and advice if i need it.
Fingers crossed it wont be needed but you never know.
Thanks for your help and advice though fellow geeks much appreciated!
:):hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back