Full-body Gold Paint! Advice Please! X

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahmarie

Reaction score
Hi there guys!!
I am looking for some help on a project I have in November please!

I am doing some make-up work for a glamour model and there are two make-up looks for me to perform;

One, sexy glamour and the other is a full gold body paint..

I am very excited about this as I really want to build a great make-up portfolio and get my work out there.

Now I have thought about the price of the paint, application, time to carry it out, effectiveness of the gold body and the fact that I don't want the paint cracking or flaking off during the photography!!

I thought the best way would be to use a compressor gun and use liquid gold paint??

The idea of applying a cream or powder all over is simply exhausting for me!

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

The look is a sexy naked gold body look-

I'm not sure how to attach the samples that the model has emailed me to this thread to give you guys a bit more of an idea!Sorry!

I would have thought that applying the gold paint with a spray tan gun would have been the easiest and least messy option .... I could be wrong though.

Yes that is my thought exactly.

I have a spray tan gun with a compressor you see so I was obviously thinking that if possible, I could purchase some gold liquid body paint, (at a good price), decant some into the tan bottle and away I go!!
??

Just make sure you thoroughly clean your spray tan equipment afterwards, otherwise all of your clients will be in line for auditions when they remake 007's Goldfinger :lol::eek:

Ha ha ha Exactly!!!

Don't worry, that will definately be done!! xx

Hi, sounds like alot of fun.

Instead of varnish, you could gold leaf her nails/gold glitter eyeshadow

Where do you get the gold body paint from?

goodluck with it

I haven't got a clue where I am going to get the paint from!!! :eek: xx

Hiya Sarah Marie

Sounds really good and exciting!

When we did our Fantasy makeup comp at college I am sure one of my colleagues used gold body paint out of a spray can for the body colour and this worked really well.

Do you know how to e-mail pictures - if so let me know and you can e-mail them to me and I will attach them for you.

I haven't got a clue where I am going to get the paint from!!! :eek: xx

I did this once (on a face) and bought a good quality gold body paint from an eBay seller in Australia - for the life of me I can't remember who, but it turned out very well. I used an airbrush and compressor too.

You must post piccies when you've done it - we'd love to see the finished result.

Jackie

Apologies to Sarah - she did e-mail me these pictures to post for her to see if peeps can give further guidance but only just seen the e-mail. Sorry Sarah

I believe that Sarah was looking for advice on how best to apply the body paint. See Sarahs posts above:

This may sound weird but I saw some lovely gold body paint here in Victoria in an "adult boutique". They have a section of paint-on/ spray-on body paint and body latex that comes in all sorts of different colors. I don't know if there are any of these stores near you, but call around to a few and see if they have it or if they can give you the name of a supplier. And don't worry about feeling or sounding weird when you call, it won't be the strangest request they've ever had by a long shot!:green:

Thanks alot Theresa!!! That's great!!

I have finally had a bit of joy with finding some online..
Both of the below seem perfect but I'm unsure which one to go for..

One is on this site;

Body Paint
and it is a combination of Mixing Liquid andGold Powder ..

Or I have seen a metalic gold body paint on this site also;

Performers Zone Body & Face Paint

At least I can stop stressing about getting some now that these seem to be what I am after!??

Only got 2 weeks left so I really need to order it this weekend!

Thanks alot for all your help guys! :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

By the way, the first one is at the bottom of the page, and the second one is about half way down Liquid Body Make Up (250ml)

xx

SarahMarie

One of my other hats is that of face and bodypainter. The best pit stops for getting the kind of make up you need are the professional theatrical makeup suppliers - there are plenty in the UK. The Mehron liquid and powder mix that you found on that site is widely considered to be the best gold for an all gold body paint.

You apply it with a sponge (a high density sponge - not a latex make up sponge!) - it isn´t suitable for airbrushing. I haven´t heard of a gold being used for airbrushing although one may exist.

Be careful what you buy - a lot of the gold paint will not give you the effect that you want (there is a lot of cheap and nasty face/body paint available).

There are many different shades of gold bodypaint but the Mehron is a shiny one.

Dauphine´s of Bristol sell it (tel: 0117 9560805) Dauphines » Mehron

as does Bibi Freeman at Facepaint UK - Professional Facepainting - Everything to do with face paint! - Shop, find painters, classes, info - Home

Both of them are very helpful and will get the paint to you in a day or two and give you advice on application and quanitity to buy. Dauphines is owned by 2 professional make up artists and Bibi is the current world face painting champion (and highly ranked in body painting). They both have vast experience of using this kind of make up.

Good luck! :)

In the movie "Goldfinger" a small part had to be left bare at the base of the spine, otherwise the skin and the model would die.

In the movie she died because she was completely covered............... Excellent movie.

However this has since been dissproved by "Mythbusters" ... WHAT A SHAME.... a death on stage is always a great way to get that extra attention.

GOOD LUCK

In the movie "Goldfinger" a small part had to be left bare at the base of the spine, otherwise the skin and the model would die.

In the movie she died because she was completely covered............... Excellent movie.

However this has since been dissproved by "Mythbusters" ... WHAT A SHAME.... a death on stage is always a great way to get that extra attention.

GOOD LUCK

I love mythbusters they tried to blow up a stomach the other day with mintos and coke because it was supposed to have happened to someone..... it wasn't true.

Hi guys!..
Just thought I'd let you know that the photo shoots went really well.. I REALLY enjoyed it!

I did 3 make-up looks..

The main idea (the gold body paint) didn't actually happen in the end due to my order of body paint not arriving in time :irked:.. BUT, it went fab as we still did a gold themed shoot and she looked great!!

I am unsure how to show the pics on here (sorry), so for those of you who are interested in having a nosey, and you are signed up to 'myspace' take a look at mine..

myspace.com/sarahmarieholland

(they are in the 'pics' section and in the album titled 'my latest make-up work'

Thanks guys!!!

Sarah xxxxxxxx

Ah I'm sorry I missed this! Sounds like you had a fab time anyway :green:

I never use gold body paint - I mix MAC gold bronze with vaseline, it looks stunning and prob works out a bit cheaper too! Will also hold up under water!

Just in case you go for the all-over-gold look again in the future....

Ah I'm sorry I missed this! Sounds like you had a fab time anyway :green:

I never use gold body paint - I mix MAC gold bronze with vaseline, it looks stunning and prob works out a bit cheaper too! Will also hold up under water!

Just in case you go for the all-over-gold look again in the future....

I can't imagine exactly how that would look!
Don't suppose you have a picture??

Hi,

I've done a lot of body paint but I'm a photographer not a makeup artist. I've generally found Snazaroo to be the best since it has excellant coverage, washes off easily and doesn't cause skin reactions.

I was recommended Snazaroo by a model I know who offers herself at events as a painted statue. You just apply it with your fingers and it's really quick and easy.

Hoping to do a more advanced full body paint shoot next week though with my makeup artist using an air brush. If you're interested I'll let you know.

You can check out my work at Fashion photography Manchester | Robert Young photography | modelling portfolios and portraits

Rob

P.S. your myspace address didn't work.

Latest posts

Back