Full head bleach highlights to adding lowlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gel3101

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a client at the weekend who is coming to me for the first time. For the last few years she has been having full head bleach highlights. She is a level 7 with about an inch regrowth. She's fed up with how dark her roots look against the bleach so I suggested she have a lowlight on her natural level 7, to tone it down. I have used Goldwell Lowlights in the past and was very happy with result but both wholesalers near me have stopped selling it. On Sally's website 7NN is called a lowlight is this the same thing? Or I was thinking of maybe using dia richesse 7.32 without prepigging. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Hi all, I have a client at the weekend who is coming to me for the first time. For the last few years she has been having full head bleach highlights. She is a level 7 with about an inch regrowth. She's fed up with how dark her roots look against the bleach so I suggested she have a lowlight on her natural level 7, to tone it down. I have used Goldwell Lowlights in the past and was very happy with result but both wholesalers near me have stopped selling it. On Sally's website 7NN is called a lowlight is this the same thing? Or I was thinking of maybe using dia richesse 7.32 without prepigging. Any suggestions. Thanks.

The nn is for course resistant grey hair. If your using goldwell add a bit of gold to stop it going slightly khaki. The dia colour will be fine tho add an extra inch of colour to help it remain on the old blond. Hope this helps

If you use a balayage painting technique for the blonde to give her subtle highlights against her natural 7, the contrast won't look stark. Balayage is one of the best choices for clients like this.

Otherwise, maybe she really wants to look very light blonde, in which case, she needs to accept that it's a high maintenance process with roots doing every 4 weeks.

If I was to use the dia richesse, could I use a base 7 on the root and then 7 with some gold through mids and ends because I don’t want the root to go too warm.

Sorry, but I'm confused by your post.
Why are you adding a neutral 7 tint to a natural 7 base?

I would just put the golden 7 onto the blonde pieces because there's no need to tint hair that is already a 7 :) if you weave them finely it will blend lovely :)

Thanx for replies. Yes sorry just thought it would blend a little better but guess just making unnecessary work for myself. I was just going to do 2 bleach(root only) to 1 lowlight as I think more than this would be too much of a contrast. So many times clients say “ it’s too dark, I want more blonde” !!

Yes definitely I usually do two or three blonde to one darker to ease them in as we all know what our blonde clients are like!

If I was to use the dia richesse, could I use a base 7 on the root and then 7 with some gold through mids and ends because I don’t want the root to go too warm.

Yes I'd do this to stop the natural going too gold and then on pre lightened ends same with a little added gold ..i would still always colour the root even if it is the same level x

Latest posts

Back