Full head bleach nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrissywilks

Reaction score
Hi first post so please be gentle

Bit of background; relatively Newly qualified hairdresser, only really worked with wella and have limited knowledge of colour correction/advanced colouring.

I have a client (friends mum)
Who's been to another newly qualified hairdresser and had a full head bleach!!!! Shepreviously had her coloured with a rusk 5.8 which was really warm, and wanted to go lighter ... Hence the full head
It was bleached all over (with olaplex) so in relatively good condition but obviously somewhat compromised... It's was apparently pretty patchy after the bleach with red still coming through and very light roots... It was then toned with illumina 7/81 (not worked with illumina myself) and from what I can see all its deposited is a very violet hue especially on the roots!

I'm not going to lie im our comfort zone with this, and I'm stumped with where to start! Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

All she wants is to have it evened up and toned down to maybe a 7!

Pictures included Thanks your gorgeous bunch

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 53
Also to add the flash isn't picking up the very salmony pink tones in the mid lengths

Firstly, the original stylist should have used a quality colour remover, not bleach, to get most of the red out and then lightened it afterwards.

I'd use a low volume bleach mix and apply it freehand to the pinky areas to lift it to at least around an 8. Once it's a more even colour, you can then tone it properly.

Do you know what sort of tone the client is looking for with her 7?

Thanks AcidPerm for your quick response

Yep I had mentioned if I was to have had my hands on it in the first place I would of stripped it with the Affinage eraser to get rid of the colour build up and to minimise the damage leaving the bleach on for the length it must of been on to lift it to that level,

Anyway she's happy to go in any toneal direction as long as it's not gold or to warm again, so I'm assuming what she has in mind is a nice beige. Once I'm able to get it to a 8 say all over, do you have any advise on any good wella colour mixes for a nice cool beige? Will I need to pre pig as well, if it's still pretty golden when evened up?

If you're toning an 8 to a beige blonde, you won't need to pre-pig. You only do that when you're dropping the colour down more than 2 levels.

Illumina have some nice natural blondes.

You will have to strip the color/toner out with a decolorizer, shampoo2x,completely dry hair, freehand bleach +20vol to orange patches to match rest of hair color, shampoo, completely dry hair, apply target color

Latest posts

Back