Full head highlights to Ombre?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did this with one of my colleagues kind of! She already ad ombré but wanted to darken the roots and tone the ombré so in that instance I applied the root colour to where the ombré started making sure to not cause any harsh lines and keeping it quite smudgy using my brush vertically if that makes sense we then applied a toner over the already ombre'd ends.

For you I would imagine you could do similar but taken the colour further down, wash, rough dry, then usual ombré?

When i clicked the link i got caroline flack with medium length hair ( on the shoulders ) roots and mid lengths were around a base 4 -5 ends look like they had been bleached very light blonde but some of the hair round the back were darker maybe 12/0 .
I then clicked again and got miley cyrus ( dont know if her name is spelt right )
Are you asking about caroline or miley hair ? x

Hi I posted 2 links.. the first one was Miley Cyrus.. which is a similar length to my client.

2nd link was caroline flack which is the colours im looking for.. my client currently has a full head bleach highlights so ends are already light.. was just looking for advice on how to actually do it

Thanx

I did this with one of my colleagues kind of! She already ad ombré but wanted to darken the roots and tone the ombré so in that instance I applied the root colour to where the ombré started making sure to not cause any harsh lines and keeping it quite smudgy using my brush vertically if that makes sense we then applied a toner over the already ombre'd ends.

For you I would imagine you could do similar but taken the colour further down, wash, rough dry, then usual ombré?

Thanx for your help.. did you foil or just apply the tint? im more worried about it having like a harsh line xx

Sorry i thought you meant colour wise , the way you can do it is to sort of smudge the colour so there isn't a definite line and it is more blended but there are loadz of threads on here with different methods it depends on the stylist , i think everyone has there own way of doing things but i hope it turns out hoe you want xx

How are you going to pre pig ? just out of curiosity x

Sorry i thought you meant colour wise , the way you can do it is to sort of smudge the colour so there isn't a definite line and it is more blended but there are loadz of threads on here with different methods it depends on the stylist , i think everyone has there own way of doing things but i hope it turns out hoe you want xx

Well colour too but av got a rough idea.. maybe about a 5 for the top and then maybe tone the blonde a bit? so you dont foil it? x

I dont understand what does you client want the first pic or the second one i think the second pic is completely different the hair is longer and base is lighter x

my bad just took second look at first pic the lighting has affected the hair colour sorry x

Wow how catty is this thread!? We are all ment to support each other guys!! X

Wow how catty is this thread!? We are all ment to support each other guys!! X

I did start that way it think x
Just getting confused on what VRx needs help with technique ? there are loads and loads of threads xx

I maybe wrong but maybe she is struggling with how to determine the non definite line and did anyone have any methods of how to do so?

I've got this booked in my self next week. 1 an 1/2'' of base 6 roots and rest full head foils and she want to go similar to miley Cyrus. I think I'm going to pre pig with affinage then back comb and try leave a messy broken up line and just really work the tint into the bleach. Wash off and tone previously belched ends. Xx

Bleached I ment x

I did start that way it think x
Just getting confused on what VRx needs help with technique ? there are loads and loads of threads xx

Pass it off as a non hairdresser. Too many things said that are making me doubt her xoxo

i got that vibe as 1st it was colour then technique then she changed her mind and posted another another pic i got confused toward the end ( that doesnt take much ) tried to catch out with pre pig question x

i got that vibe as 1st it was colour then technique then she changed her mind and posted another another pic i got confused toward the end ( that doesnt take much ) tried to catch out with pre pig question x

Did think you did. It's why I asked for colour and technique ideas from her
Probably bought a loreal box xoxo

Get a grip haha.. I did search but most people are going from dark and lightening the ends.. I couldnt find anything starting from blonde.. n yeh it is how to stop it from having definate lines I was looking for help with LouBaby all I was looking for was advice n all am getting is cheeky comments

I have already said Ive never done this before doesnt mean I am not a hairdresser and dont know anything about hair..

What exactly have I said that makes you doubt it?

Did think you did. It's why I asked for colour and technique ideas from her
Probably bought a loreal box xoxo

Why do you feel the need to put people down? Why do you think your better than me? n not even just me av seen you doing it in other threads too

and also it was technique I was asking for help with so how would I be able to tell you?

Last edited:

and I answered your pre pig question? why is it about trying to catch people out am sure youv needed help before?

When are u doing your ombré colour? Got mine on the 28th! Will be nice to see how they turn out. I've only ever done dark to light my self which I find relatively easy.

Tomme - chill your boots, its a forum we can't accuse everyone of being a none pro. Your much nicer than this in real life :) x

Latest posts

Back