Full head highlights Wella colour choice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelsxo

Reaction score
I’ve got a new client who explains she doesn’t like to be too blonde.. and usually has a caramel low light going through.. she’s about a base 6/7 naturally! She explains she doesn’t like it to look streaky!

I usually just do bleach foils as most people want to be as blonde as poss.. but this isn’t the case here!

So I’m thinking of going in with 1 bleach foil, but I’m not 100 percent sure on the caramel colour she has running through.. maybe a CT 9/38?

Am I going to have to use a different colour for her natural root in the low light as the ends? Or definitely a different developer?

If any one could help it would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• A8D2223D-C844-4A39-A8BF-FDB0A219D485.jpeg
    A8D2223D-C844-4A39-A8BF-FDB0A219D485.jpeg
    283.3 KB · Views: 68
I’ve got a new client who explains she doesn’t like to be too blonde.. and usually has a caramel low light going through.. she’s about a base 6/7 naturally! She explains she doesn’t like it to look streaky!

I usually just do bleach foils as most people want to be as blonde as poss.. but this isn’t the case here!

So I’m thinking of going in with 1 bleach foil, but I’m not 100 percent sure on the caramel colour she has running through.. maybe a CT 9/38?

Am I going to have to use a different colour for her natural root in the low light as the ends? Or definitely a different developer?

Thanks in advance!

How much darker does she want the caramel to be? I think if do bleach , a highlift - as it’s usually warmer than the bleach so more natural , then maybe a really fine base 8 lowlight scattered every 2 foils to break it up a bit , are you toning it? You could use the toner to darken it down overall a level or so if it’s too light for her now

Thanks in advance!
I think if this was my client I'd do 2x blondor (1x weave +1x fine slice) to 1x fine weave of colour touch 8/71 +8/38. 9/38 won't show on her hair at all, and to use 9/38 with a higher developer on the root will probably leave you with a 9/37 result, because her natural colour is so dark. I hope this helps.

I think if this was my client I'd do 2x blondor (1x weave +1x fine slice) to 1x fine weave of colour touch 8/71 +8/38. 9/38 won't show on her hair at all, and to use 9/38 with a higher developer on the root will probably leave you with a 9/37 result, because her natural colour is so dark. I hope this helps.
Thankyou! So would you use 8/38 + 8/71 with 6% for root in the foil? And 1.9% for the ends? X

How much darker does she want the caramel to be? I think if do bleach , a highlift - as it’s usually warmer than the bleach so more natural , then maybe a really fine base 8 lowlight scattered every 2 foils to break it up a bit , are you toning it? You could use the toner to darken it down overall a level or so if it’s too light for her now
Just similar caramel to the tones in there at the moment.. she doesn’t want a toner, she likes the colour similar to what it is at the moment.. would you use a 12/81 or something warmer? I’m just thinking it’s going to reveal some warmth anyway as it lifts and that may still look warmer against the bleach? X

Thankyou! So would you use 8/38 + 8/71 with 6% for root in the foil? And 1.9% for the ends? X
I'd maybe look at using 12% she looks as dark as a base 5 if not maybe even a 4, think about how much lift you'll need. If she doesn't really want it any darker, maybe I'd use 12/89 with 9% as well as the bleach H/L and just don't take anything through.

I'd maybe look at using 12% she looks as dark as a base 5 if not maybe even a 4, think about how much lift you'll need. If she doesn't really want it any darker, maybe I'd use 12/89 with 9% as well as the bleach H/L and just don't take anything through.
Okay Thankyou! So you wouldn’t maybe use the 8/38 and 8/71? Maybe 1 bleach:1 highlift just on her roots?
Or if she wants me to take it through I go in with the 8/38 and 8/71?
X

I did a couple of test pieces..
The top one is the 8/38 + 8/71 all the way through (I feel this will be too dark)
The middle is the 12/89 + 9% (I feel this is too ashy)
And the last is the blondor + 6%

Could I possibly mix 12/89 + 10/0 so that it’s not as ashy and a little warmer? What do you think?
Or could I use blondor + 4% or 1.9% for the warmer one?
I think I’m just going to have to be honest with her and explain the test pieces didn’t come out as expected..

Attachments

• 07E7085A-58D4-4BB3-8507-607101F484F8.jpeg
    07E7085A-58D4-4BB3-8507-607101F484F8.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 72
The top one is the 8/38 + 8/71 all the way through (I feel this will be too dark)

Could I possibly mix 12/89 + 10/0 so that it’s not as ashy and a little warmer? What do you think?
I think I’m just going to have to be honest with her and explain the test pieces didn’t come out as expected..
Or could I maybe use 9/38 CT.. would that make it not as dark? Xo

It's not recommended to intermix the 12's (special blondes) with the standard tints. If you wanted to create the same kind of tone, you could use kp 2parts 10/0 + 1part 10/86 instead.
For the lowlight you could do Colour Touch 1part 10/0 + 1 part 8/38 + 1 part 8/71 which will create a lighter version, version but have the same tones, add as much 10/0 as necessary really.

Latest posts

Back