Full leg wax - do you do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrisKross

Reaction score
I hate doing a full leg wax, I've had a couple that have been ok and more than a couple that have taken ages, I never know how long to book out and because I'm a new business, most of my clients are new so I never know what I'm getting (whether they're regular waxers, shavers, etc) until they're here.

I priced this treatment really high on my service menu, firstly to take into account that I use some hot wax on the upper thighs, but secondly (if I'm honest) to put people off booking this particular treatment with me.

I had 2 last week, 2 this week so far and just had a phonecall about one next week. When I asked the client how she'd heard about me she said I'd been recommended by a friend who told her I was the only place she'd been where she was really happy with her full leg wax - I'm a victim of my own success!😂

Has anyone taken this off their menu completely? Do you still get enquiries about it? Do you think it puts people off coming to you for any other treatment?

I just feel my heart sink when anyone wants to book one 😞

Thanks.

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

You're obviously good at it if clients are recommending you, I know what you mean about full leg though, each client is different and does vary time wise.
If you've set your price high and still getting bookings then try to see it as a bonus because your making good profit 😃

I used to hate full leg waxes and now I don't. They hardly fill me with joy but I feel the money is good for what you have to do if you work methodically and quickly.

Plus, if you've put your price up high and people are still willing to pay for it then why not!

I do the front lower legs but go higher up than I would with a usual half leg. Then bend the leg but only do a small amount of the knee (just the curved bit and not a couple of inches up as with a half leg). Then the front of the thigh, outside of thigh and if need be, a little bit on the inner thigh.

Then, once you turn them over there's barely anything left to do. Takes me 30mins. If I was worried Id leave an extra 15 mins spare just in case but no more. I work better under pressure personally!

I know you didn't ask for techniques but since I've changed mine up a bit I don't dread them like I used to! Hope that helps a bit :) xx

I really think the more you do, the more you grow to like them! I used to despise them and they used to take me aaages! Then I started at a salon where we did sooo many, I developed a routine and do it really methodically, and now it takes me just under 30 minutes and I prefer doing it to half leg!

I would say get friends, family to be Guinea pigs and figure out a routine! If you're interested this is how I do mine:

-1st leg- leg flat, apply wax to entire front of lower leg and feet, remove. Client turns lower body to the side, apply wax to entire outer upper and lower leg, remove. Client laying flat again, leg bent out to one side, apply wax to entire inner upper and lower leg, remove.
-same process on other leg
-turn over and wax remaining hair off the back of the legs

Hope this isn't too confusing-sorry! :p and keep at it, they get easier! X

I really think the more you do, the more you grow to like them! I used to despise them and they used to take me aaages! Then I started at a salon where we did sooo many, I developed a routine and do it really methodically, and now it takes me just under 30 minutes and I prefer doing it to half leg!

I would say get friends, family to be Guinea pigs and figure out a routine! If you're interested this is how I do mine:

-1st leg- leg flat, apply wax to entire front of lower leg and feet, remove. Client turns lower body to the side, apply wax to entire outer upper and lower leg, remove. Client laying flat again, leg bent out to one side, apply wax to entire inner upper and lower leg, remove.
-same process on other leg
-turn over and wax remaining hair off the back of the legs

Hope this isn't too confusing-sorry! :p and keep at it, they get easier! X

Ooo I like the idea of doing the full leg all at the same time! Definitely going to try that! :) x

Damn it - you were all supposed to tell me to drop it from my menu, guess I'll have to carry on and 'suck it up buttercup' as Kim would say! 😀

I struggle sometimes to get a good stretch on the upper thighs, and I've had a couple of ladies with some really quite coarse tough hair on the inner and backs of the thighs - which is where I will then use hot wax. Some great tips here though, I'll give them a try this week.

I use a roller method too do leg waxes it's so much easier I wax all of front of one leg then do other turn to do sides then I'm left with a small strip down the back, takes about 30 mins max xxxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lori Nestore has a few good videos on her youtube channel. Take a look at her leg waxing one - it's really helpful! :)

Damn it - you were all supposed to tell me to drop it from my menu, guess I'll have to carry on and 'suck it up buttercup' as Kim would say! 😀

I struggle sometimes to get a good stretch on the upper thighs, and I've had a couple of ladies with some really quite coarse tough hair on the inner and backs of the thighs - which is where I will then use hot wax. Some great tips here though, I'll give them a try this week.

This is why I get the client to twist slightly onto their side when doing the outer upper legs, it stretches for you, and with the inners don't be afraid to ask your client to stretch the skin for you, it makes it much easier and more comfortable :) and a little talc helps too.

X

Latest posts

Back