Full leg wax time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina Huse

Reaction score
Evening- how long does it take you girls to do a full leg wax- I still New at waxing so I’m still learning/getting quicker! It took me tonight about an hour and 10 minuets tonight- the lady was quite hairy but I don’t think that would make a difference to the speed! And I was bloody knackered after haha xx

It's depends ..I use waxperts wax and I love it ..it takes me about 3o mins on my regular ladies who come every 4/5 weeks and new cliants about 45 min ..are you doing one leg at a time a full leg then go onto other ..i do half leg in front first then top part after .then back and do sides last ..but I am used to my way now x

I use a roll on wax which speeds things up a bit even if it’s full grown hair . Depending on the hair and how stubborn is can be I last around 15-30 min

I use roller method which is much quicker for me than spatula & pot method.
I book a client in for an hour if they want a full leg and bikini wax. The actual waxing part probably takes 40 mins but you have to allow time for meeting & greeting, chit chat, undressing / dressing, booking next appointment and taking the money.
It also varies on the size of the client. Someone size 8 will be a lot quicker to wax than someone size 22.

This is the order i use for FL+ BL:
  1. front of first lower leg
  2. front of second lower leg
  3. knee of first leg
  4. knee of second leg
  5. top of feet
  6. toes
  7. outer thigh of first leg
  8. mid area of first leg
  9. Bend out the knee, do the inner thigh and bikini area
  10. Repeat on the second leg
  11. Finish anything needed on the tummy / top of bikini line
  12. Roll client over.
  13. back of first lower leg
  14. back of second lower leg
  15. back of first thigh
  16. back of second thigh
  17. apply lotion to back of legs
  18. roll client over
  19. apply lotion to front of legs & bikini line, checking for any stray hairs missed.

I use Kim Lawless strip wax and book out 20 mins. X

I wouldn't stress too much about timings at this stage. Just concentrate on finding your pattern & what works best for you, and focus on doing a great job. I've had 15min waxes where I've been left with patches of hair, and 60min waxes that have taken every last hair..... I'm not too fussed as long as it's a good job. That said, I allow an hour for new clients (usually 40mins of actual waxing) and 30mins for my regulars. Good luck and be patient with yourself :)

I’ve been waxing for a couple of years now but I still book out an hour for full leg and bikini. I do it methodically with roller wax but I find that on clients with coarse hair I have to stand and pluck a load of ingrown “line hairs”. Do other therapists feel that they should do this? As it looks like they still have hair?

I’ve been waxing for a couple of years now but I still book out an hour for full leg and bikini. I do it methodically with roller wax but I find that on clients with coarse hair I have to stand and pluck a load of ingrown “line hairs”. Do other therapists feel that they should do this? As it looks like they still have hair?
Do you mean ingrowing hairs? If so, educate the client with home care and nag..... EXFOLIATE. MOISTURISE. EXFOLIATE ;) I give new wax clients a Home Care sheet, an exfoliating glove & a sample of exfoliating scrub. I will tweeze the odd missed hair but there shouldn't be many.

I do nag them but 2 clients in particular have so many of the straight hairs that you can see growing under the skin. Some parts of the leg look as though they haven’t been waxed as there are so many. I had wondered if it was my technique but as the majority of my customers don’t have them I don’t think it can be that. I would be grateful for Any advice as it’s very frustrating. Both clients are exfoliating as they desperately want a solution to the problem.

I always tweeze too if I need too

I tweeze but I don't kill myself. I'm a threader which works brilliantly on patchy results. I find that now that I'm getting older and need glasses for work, I miss bits. Usually 'cos my glasses are grubby. I don't usually leg wax because I'm fully booked for other treatments but I did a full leg wax, arm wax and underarm on a young Indian girl today who was hairy all over, but not tricky in any way. It took me an hour from client arrival in the salon to fully dressed and ready to go. So I'm still speedy.

I was remedial when I learned waxing. I tell all my staff when they start. If I can do it - so can they.

Don't try and rush your waxing, concentrate on excellent technique. Learn how the hair grows so you know how you're going to apply - my tip, apply at a diagonal angle on the thighs and back of the legs. Learn to work tidy and clean - squidge a bit of oil on your fingers so you don't stick to everything. Have some surgical spirit in a pump or spray bottle so you can clean up. And learn how to be efficient. Make sure you've got everything that you need to hand - Don't waste time and effort walking up and down to dip into the wax pot or chuck a wax strip away. Learn to apply wax really thinly, you'll save time and removal effort. Learn to use one removal strip repeatedly. (I used 6 today for full arms and legs - 2 for each leg, one for each arm).

Nothing beats plenty of practise. When I started I put myself on Groupon and ended up doing 68 leg waxes, plus quite a few bikini and underarms. I started taking 1 hour 15 mins for full leg, underarm and bikini and ended up needing 45 mins. I didn't really think about getting faster - it just happened!.

If you're taking 1 hour 10 mins you might be applying a bit too slowly so the wax cools and then goes sticky and thick. Try turning the temperature up very slightly and spreading faster with the blade of your spatula held straight - like a butter knife. It should ideally look like you've slicked oil where you're about to wax.

I use Kim Lawless strip wax and book out 20 mins. X
Wow how do you do a full leg wax in 20minutes I can do a half in that time but not a full and I’ve been waxing using a regular wax pot for years?

I use roller method which is much quicker for me than spatula & pot method.
I book a client in for an hour if they want a full leg and bikini wax. The actual waxing part probably takes 40 mins but you have to allow time for meeting & greeting, chit chat, undressing / dressing, booking next appointment and taking the money.
It also varies on the size of the client. Someone size 8 will be a lot quicker to wax than someone size 22.

This is the order i use for FL+ BL:
  1. front of first lower leg
  2. front of second lower leg
  3. knee of first leg
  4. knee of second leg
  5. top of feet
  6. toes
  7. outer thigh of first leg
  8. mid area of first leg
  9. Bend out the knee, do the inner thigh and bikini area
  10. Repeat on the second leg
  11. Finish anything needed on the tummy / top of bikini line
  12. Roll client over.
  13. back of first lower leg
  14. back of second lower leg
  15. back of first thigh
  16. back of second thigh
  17. apply lotion to back of legs
  18. roll client over
  19. apply lotion to front of legs & bikini line, checking for any stray hairs missed.

I also use this method and am an old school girl that uses a pot and spatula, takes around 30mins. Been trained around 10years so it does take practice but you’ll improve speed! [emoji4]

I use a roll on wax which speeds things up a bit even if it’s full grown hair . Depending on the hair and how stubborn is can be I last around 15-30 min
What roller system do you use?

Evening- how long does it take you girls to do a full leg wax- I still New at waxing so I’m still learning/getting quicker! It took me tonight about an hour and 10 minuets tonight- the lady was quite hairy but I don’t think that would make a difference to the speed! And I was bloody knackered after haha xx

I don’t think I’ve ever done one on its own. I usually average 1.5hrs for welcoming, changing, full legs, extended bikini and underarms, changing and payment..but then I have a hip problem and don’t get around easily so I’m probably very slow compared to others.

Wow how do you do a full leg wax in 20minutes I can do a half in that time but not a full and I’ve been waxing using a regular wax pot for years?
I think it's just because I do it so much and I'm methodical!

I think full leg is definitely one that requires practice to gain speed, but once you've got your own method sorted and can crack on it really does get quicker. I probably take an average of about half an hour - not the speediest perhaps but any quicker than that and I feel a bit like I'm rushing it!

Me too. I been qualified since 2004 so I wouldn’t rush it in case I miss bits

Depends on client I allow 1 hour but quite often done before that.

It would take me forever using pot and spatula for full leg. I find that only being able to dip the spatula once each stroke makes it impossible to do it fast.

Latest posts

Back