Full leg wax time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening- how long does it take you girls to do a full leg wax- I still New at waxing so I’m still learning/getting quicker! It took me tonight about an hour and 10 minuets tonight- the lady was quite hairy but I don’t think that would make a difference to the speed! And I was bloody knackered after haha xx

I was taking a very long time but over the last couple of months i’ve got it down to a fine art. 30mins exactly. But of course the bigger the waxee the longer it takes.

Do it with the speed technique so you apply to whole area (eg lower front leg) then remove all quickly. Stretching and removing is much easier when you do it repetitively. Instead of apply, remove, apply remove. Apply all, remove all.

I’ve also got annoyed with the waste of spatulas but if my wax is less runny, slightly cooler, you can get a huge glob on there, slap in on the leg and spread it usually in at least 1.5-2 lines worth of movement. I often do a dash dash with the blobs, so you blob below knee, then mid leg. Then spread.

When I do bikinis aswell i’ve stopped doing them separately and done:

lower leg, upper leg, bikini
other lower leg, upper leg, bikini
then bikini top

Saves time moving the trolley around. If you are tall enough you can also do it all from one
side of the table and then check or missed bits once client has turned over as you will see the line of hair and pick up from there.

Hope this helps! I’ve had to get used to being quicker so my hip isn’t in so much pain. It slows me down but is worse if I take too long.

It would take me forever using pot and spatula for full leg. I find that only being able to dip the spatula once each stroke makes it impossible to do it fast.
You will get quicker I have a routine of doing it sometimes if your new at it you just need someone to show you how to apply it and then it's just practice. I worked in a spa and a lot of the girls didn't have experience of waxing whereas I had a load of experience as I worked in salons before the spa. I showed one of the girls and how technique is now much better and she feels more confident doing it.

Hello! Don’t worry I was the exact same when I started waxing!
It has taken me before over an hour, that’s when I first started waxing however I was using a spactula. I can now do a full leg wax in about 45 minutes , I feel what helped my speed the most was having a roller wax. I actually didn’t want to use it because u was trained to use a spactula but it made everything a lot quicker ! I would invest in a roller wax! Hope this helps, and also just want to say I am a fairly new Beauty Therapist Myself, I started two months ago, so I completely understand your situation but aswell sometimes it does depend on the clients you have. If you know your client has a lot of hair then I would book just a little bit of extra time after all you want a perfect job xxx

Evening- how long does it take you girls to do a full leg wax- I still New at waxing so I’m still learning/getting quicker! It took me tonight about an hour and 10 minuets tonight- the lady was quite hairy but I don’t think that would make a difference to the speed! And I was bloody knackered after haha xx
Took me 45 minutes.
Back of legs first :
Lower leg
Second lower leg
Back of Thigh
Second back of thigh Apply cream to back of legs
Repeat on front

Latest posts

Back