Full set of toenail extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josheardown

Reaction score
Hi nail geeks.... have any of you ever been asked for a full set of gel toenail extensions? I've had an e-mail requesting this... well I think they mean a full set and not just the odd one? Also, the name is definately that of a man's. I assume he is cross dresser / transgender as he wants them finished with french..... or is someone pulling my leg? Or are they a spook? I work alone from home so I'm always a bit weary, especially as I've had the odd suspect request from potential male clients in the past.

Anyways, any advice on toe extensions/experiences would be appreciated :) Thanks! xx

I've done many a toe :green: but never a full set and never on a bloke ... I think this is weird and I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole!

Ask him to call you to arrange an appointment. If he sounds odd tell him you're fully booked for whenever he wants to book lol. Chances are if men are 'funny' they won't speak to you on the phone x

Mmmm, it's a hard one cause we don't like turning way business but you MUST look after yourself first.
We live in a very diverse world these days and men are doing things now they have never done before, so it could be a legit thing.
Maybe he's going to a dress up party and there's a big prize for the best dressed and he wants to go all out, maybe he is a cross dresser and if so, then that's his business, not ours and maybe he is a sicko and wanting to cause problems.
So with all these different variables in mind, I would try and talk to him via phone to get more of an idea of what type of person he is and what he wants.
I don't see why you couldn't outright ask why he's wanting them and you might be shocked as to his answer (in a good way) and you could just nicely say to him that it is a odd and rare request and this is why you are asking and depending on what he's like on the phone and his answers, you will have to make your mind up from there.
Also during this call you should let him think that you do NOT work alone, that you have someone else around in the back of the house/salon.

But foremost, use your gut instinct, never ignore your gut in this type of situation. if during or after you actually speak with him and your gut feels yuck about it, listen to it and put him off by telling him you are fully booked in all the time slots he is asking for.

But honestly, if it's just a matter of an innocent reason (like a dress up party, a dare or a simple cross dresser) then I wouldn't say no and let my own personal judgement against odd/different people stand in the way. For instance HIS cross dressing does not have any affect on you apart from helping to line your hip pocket, which is a positive thing. Is you have to do is, do his toenails and gt paid and send him on his way. He might end up being a regular if he's all legit and not a creepo:)

Good luck.

I wouldn't just automatically assume this is a 'weirdo'. While I agree you definitely must protect yourself, what if this person genuinely wants some help with their toenails?

I do feel sorry for some people. They pluck up the courage to ask for a treatment and we all have a good old laugh on here about them.

My dad has problems with his toenails and for my wedding in Ibiza he got someone to do them for him. And he is a very manly man!
I'm not saying jump into this openly lol, yes it could be someone dodgy or with bad intentions but it could also be a genuine client.

I hope you manage to speak to them on the phone and decide from there. Then I agree with the others, if you sense you're not comfortable with this person, you could just be 'fully booked!':)

I don't think it's fair to assume is man is a weirdo. He may genuinely want the treatment done.

Best bet is for you to give him a call and talk to him properly and find out about him and don't just treat him like an oddball.

We are in 2012 now not the stone age. There is nothing wrong with a transgender(if the client is) wanting toenails done so if you don't feel comfortable pass him onto another technician who will understand and not judge and be able to perform his treatment for him. X

Thanks for your replies geeks. I have asked him to call me if he wants to book an appointment, but he e-mailed back asking prices and availability for evenings/weekends, so I've re-iterated that he should call for an appointment.

The thing is, I'm quite happy to do his treatment if he's genuine.... but I have no way of knowing this and because of my circumstances (working alone at home) I usually only do ladies, unless the gent is someone I know or a husband/partner of an existing client.

As for judgmental, not me I'm quite comfortable if the guy is crossdressing, transgender, whatever! My concern is that I don't know that he is genuine and he could actually have dodgy intentions! As for not doing men, perhaps that's a a bit sexist, but after the calls I've had from some of them, I'd rather not.... one liner text 'bum wax'??!! .... And then there was too gruff sounding me ringing me on bank holiday monday from their car both desperate for a brow wax?! 'We're waiting in the car round the corner, we can come now' - what?! And we can all agree this is the tame stuff! Luckily I don't put my house number on my advertising!

Think I will see if he rings me and perhaps stick to my original guns - NO MEN.

Thanks for your thoughts xx

hiya, i read salon geek all the time but after this post had to register (im trained and qualified professional) lol . apologies for not filling out my profile as yet as i had to reply to this thread. I have alot of transexual transgender clients
BUT I HAVE ONE VERY STRANGE MAN WHO CAME FOR THE SAME TREATMENT TO ME! As we both live in nottingham it could be the same man. He came to me saying he was a curious transexual and wanted toe nail extensions, nail extensions, he came to my home and asked to get changed (this happens a fair bit lol) i went to excuse myself and he proceeded to undress in front of me and he removed everything and was obviously happy! Long story short if you message me i can give you his name, his alter ego name, his phone number , and the area he lives in to check its not the same man. I HAVE HAD TO CHANGE MY NUMBER BECAUSE OF THIS MAN HE WILL NOT LEAVE YOU ALONE!
Saying that all of my regular male clients are fabby! lol
Just wanted to warn you so you dont go in blind.
annmarie x

OMG?! I wonder... sounds a bit coincidence?! I will PM you details to find out if it's him. Why did he get undressed to have nails done?? Eek! Thanks so much for head ups xx

It does sound like the same guy from your pm. Just to be careful dont give him your mobile number. x

hiya, i read salon geek all the time but after this post had to register (im trained and qualified professional) lol . apologies for not filling out my profile as yet as i had to reply to this thread. I have alot of transexual transgender clients
BUT I HAVE ONE VERY STRANGE MAN WHO CAME FOR THE SAME TREATMENT TO ME! As we both live in nottingham it could be the same man. He came to me saying he was a curious transexual and wanted toe nail extensions, nail extensions, he came to my home and asked to get changed (this happens a fair bit lol) i went to excuse myself and he proceeded to undress in front of me and he removed everything and was obviously happy! Long story short if you message me i can give you his name, his alter ego name, his phone number , and the area he lives in to check its not the same man. I HAVE HAD TO CHANGE MY NUMBER BECAUSE OF THIS MAN HE WILL NOT LEAVE YOU ALONE!
Saying that all of my regular male clients are fabby! lol
Just wanted to warn you so you dont go in blind.
annmarie x

Oh my god. I don't understand how people have the nerve! It is really sad as it gives genuine male clients a bad name!

I know! i have some wonderful male clients, of all races, sexuality ect, (i do alot of male manicures on postman ) lol. I actually enjoy male clients but there is always one that likes to try and intimidate a woman. Lets just say he hasnt been back to me but he does email a fair bit now as i had to change my work number. :(

Hey :) I work alone from home too and if I ever get a male client I'm not convinced of I book him in but ask my brother in law to come and just sit up in the lounge and make sure the client is aware that there is someone there by either getting brother to open door to him or shouting up when I answer door, have had one guy make his excuses and leave one he knew!!

im actually the same huni, this guy is very convincing about being genuine though!

It does sound like the same guy from your pm. Just to be careful dont give him your mobile number. x

My mob number is on my website so I'm doomed! I think if I just say I don't do men at all, he might just leave it? Here's hoping! Thanks for your advice xx

Ooo-er :eek:

I'm sure there's a niche market there somewhere but I wouldn't want to find it.

The day I had a man ring up and ask for a full set of nail extensions, I decided on the spot that I was ladies only. Particularly as I work from my home, usually on my own, and felt a bit vulnerable. easy to say for a nail tech tho, I guess if you do other treatments the male market could be considerable and most of them genuine so that's different. Think Lisa-Marie is very wise to do what she does.

The only exception would be the partner or relative of one of my trusted clients and then only a male mani

I just wouldn't feel comfortable so it would have to be a no.

How are these for Toenail extensions ? Couldn't resist and thought a little smile could help

Attachments

• 398222_3418520856212_1065840847_32698601_134394197_n.jpg
    398222_3418520856212_1065840847_32698601_134394197_n.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 5,995
Oh dear.

Why don't you email him the picture of Tanfastic's picture of uber long toe nail extensions and tell him this is an example of your work and it's £100.00 :cool:

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back